New soaper question on FOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a batch of orange/anise (2 parts anise to 3 parts sweet organge) and the anise totally overpowers the orange - I can't even smell it. So in retrospect I think my mistake is making a whole batch instead of testing first - a little overenthusiastic I guess. That and getting on the SR Board should save me some money.

I've done anise & sweet orange before. I find it better to add 1 part of litsea cubeba to the orange to help bring it out so the anise doesn't overpower it.

The "free" email aspect of the soap scent review board annoys me to no end and has almost motivated me to start a competitive board. I'm sorry, but 90% of people out there use web based email for a number of reasons.

The "free" email aspect of the soap scent review board annoys me to no end and has almost motivated me to start a competitive board. I'm sorry, but 90% of people out there use web based email for a number of reasons.

True, and they used to allow free emails, but with so much spam on a daily basis it became ridiculous and a lot of work to weed through it.

True, and they used to allow free emails, but with so much spam on a daily basis it became ridiculous and a lot of work to weed through it.

How do you guys prevent spam here then? Every other board I visit allows free emails and don't have spam issues.

This forum is a specialty coding done by Austin's company so its not something that is readily recognized by most spambots' programming. Long story short, this forum confuses them ;)

I have used BBs Dark Rich Chocolate and was initially disappointed it wasn't a "chocolate bar" type of scent. But once it cured it made my soap smells like chocolate cake batter imo and my husband thought it smelled like fudge so, not completely disappointing! Unfortunately, finding the FOs you like will take some shopping around and trial and error, but that gives me more opportunities to make soap, so Yay! Have fun!

Latest posts

Back