New Soap Lye Calculator, Oil and Soap Recipe Database

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac, that would be a problem for me, I use a number of different passwords for different sites, like they tell you to for security purposes.

I try to stay signed in to sites w/my password "remembered" automatically, but it does not always work. And it would be hard to have to re-register/create a new profile every time I forgot/signed in the wrong way if there was no "forgot my password"/please send to email option. For me this is quite significant, maybe others have less issues with it, though.

I might be mis-reading this, though, maybe it is just like everywhere else, where if you screw up it just sends a re-set code to your email so that you set a new password? That would be OK.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have elaborated.

I do plan to add a "Forgot Password" option in the future and that would require asking for a user's email when signing-up using username/password (to send a password reset email). Existing users should also be able to register an email address.

At the moment, soapee doesn't have email addresses in existing username/password so passwords cannot be reset.

For the time being, and if possible, I would recommend using the social buttons for passwordless signup; soapee asks default permissions (i.e. it only grabs your profile pic and nothing else).

I do plan to add a "Forgot Password" option in the future and that would require asking for a user's email when signing-up using username/password (to send a password reset email). Existing users should also be able to register an email address.

At the moment, soapee doesn't have email addresses in existing username/password so passwords cannot be reset.

For the time being, and if possible, I would recommend using the social buttons for passwordless signup; soapee asks default permissions (i.e. it only grabs your profile pic and nothing else).

I tried using the social buttons and it wouldn't let me do it. I'm on a tablet, and most things allow me to use FB to login/create an account, but this is wouldn't.

Great. This will be helpful.

I tried using the social buttons and it wouldn't let me do it. I'm on a tablet, and most things allow me to use FB to login/create an account, but this is wouldn't.

Thanks Gigi!!

I didn't realise the social buttons didn't work on tablets. Super thanks for letting me know!

Is this an Ipad (I can try it on my wife's) or Android?

Thanks again!! :D

PS. Password resets should be coming later this week - once image uploads are done - I am almost there :D

Thanks Gigi!!

I didn't realise the social buttons didn't work on tablets. Super thanks for letting me know!

Is this an Ipad (I can try it on my wife's) or Android?

Thanks again!! :D

PS. Password resets should be coming later this week - once image uploads are done - I am almost there :D

It's an android, a kindle fire to be precise :)

Gigi, what gen Fire is that? I am a Kindle fanatic, I got my first one for a present when they first came out and have probably bought five since since, including the first gen Fire. Despite my love for Kindles, I *hate* using the Fire to surf, it is so unwieldy/tricky that I just use it to stream movies/TV and occasionally read when I can't find my Kindle Paperwhite.

I was thinking of getting another one b/c I thought maybe the problems using it as a mobile device had to do w/beta testing issues since it is a first gen, practically an antique in these respects.

ETA: sorry to derail, if I am. I am wondering if it is a KF thing, though.

Last edited:
Gigi, what gen Fire is that? I am a Kindle fanatic, I got my first one for a present when they first came out and have probably bought five since since, including the first gen Fire. Despite my love for Kindles, I *hate* using the Fire to surf, it is so unwieldy/tricky that I just use it to stream movies/TV and occasionally read when I can't find my Kindle Paperwhite.

I was thinking of getting another one b/c I thought maybe the problems using it as a mobile device had to do w/beta testing issues since it is a first gen, practically an antique in these respects.

ETA: sorry to derail, if I am. I am wondering if it is a KF thing, though.

I got it about a year ago after my first one was stolen and this newer one is definitely better than it's predecessor. I use it exclusively because my laptop needs fixing and I have no issues with surfing. I used an earlier, maybe second generation, and it was not a good surfing experience, but these newer versions are awesome.

I can log in from my phone (Samsung Galaxy 5) with my G+ account with no problems.

Soapee Update - version 1.6.5 introduces image attachments and recipe journals

Enhancements

* Added Recipe Journals. A recipe can have multiple journal entries with image attachments. Only the recipe owner can add a recipe journal entry. Public recipe journal entries can be commented on and are shown on the activity feed (along with any attachments)
* Additionally, added image attachments to recipes and status updates.

Please refresh or restart your browsers for the latest versions.

It's awesome that you are working with the actual end users, taking in to account all the inputs and constantly updating the site. I wish this would become a first line resource for soapers. I have a small question on the recipes feature. There are no actual recipes, like no percentages of oils or the EO/FOs used. I understand that people guard their recipes and need to, but wouldn't it make sense to put up the whole recipe for the ones they wish to make public? Then people who tried could comment on their results and everyone could learn something. It sure would be super helpful for new soapers, like me.

ETA: just went back to check and I could see Doriettefarms recipe this time. So may be that function just didn't work for me before. I apologize.

Last edited:
I have a small question on the recipes feature. There are no actual recipes, like no percentages of oils or the EO/FOs used. I understand that people guard their recipes and need to, but wouldn't it make sense to put up the whole recipe for the ones they wish to make public? Then people who tried could comment on their results and everyone could learn something. It sure would be super helpful for new soapers, like me.

ETA: just went back to check and I could see Doriettefarms recipe this time. So may be that function just didn't work for me before. I apologize.

Thank you for your encouragement :D

The recipes not showing might have been a glitch related to me pushing an update about 20 minutes ago.... but please let me know if this happens again as I could have introduced a bug in the last couple of days.

Generally public recipes should show completely (i.e. oil breakdown, summaries, etc). If not then it might be worth doing a page refresh or restarting the browser.

Thanks again :D

So if I can't remember my password, then what do I do? Do I have to create a new profile?

Soapee version 1.6.6 has just been released.

Enhancements

* Added Forgot Password functionality in the login screen for users that have registered using username and password. Please fill-in your email in the My Profile so that soapee can send a password reset email.

* New username/password registrations now generate a welcome email with login and password details.

If you are not able to login then please private message me with your email address and username and I'll manually update the database for you.

I really like the soapee calculator. I'm using it more and more, and I love that I can store recipes to alter them easily, then do a save a copy to add it to my recipe book. Love it :)

Soapee version 1.6.6 has just been released.

Enhancements

* Added Forgot Password functionality in the login screen for users that have registered using username and password. Please fill-in your email in the My Profile so that soapee can send a password reset email.

* New username/password registrations now generate a welcome email with login and password details.

If you are not able to login then please private message me with your email address and username and I'll manually update the database for you.

Sweet!! Thanks for the update! This is great.

Back