New Soap Lover

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1965

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I'm married with two kids. I have one granddaughter, Lilly, who is my world and another one due anytime :razz:
I have been spending all my spare time reading any good book I can find on soap making and would love to try cold pour. My son who is 22 is as excited as me...he bought me a mold and dye for Christmas so I guess that's my nudge to get under way.
I'm excited to be on the forum and love all the info!!

Welcome! This is a great forum, I am happy to be here. Tons of great info. Props to the owners and admins for all the work they do, and alll the members for taking the time to share and commend. I am new myself and I think I found the right place. Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum!

HA, I should have tried that first! Luckily my plain 5 pounder first batch has been making good rebatches

My first batch made lovely ground-up laundry soap LOL!

Welcome to the forum. Start with small one pound batchers until you get the feel of cold prosess. Happy soaping!

i agree, starting with a small batch saves you time and wasted oils just incase it doesnt turn out right. Sounds like you are getting plenty of information so that's good, Im sure your first batch will turn out great, dont forget to share pictures!

I'm so glad to be here! Thanks for welcoming me and I can't wait to try making my first batch. I ordered my first supplies yesterday....it seemed to take forever picking everything out. But at least I can say I didn't rush into anything! :p

Back