Soap Boxes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntandlather

Reaction score
Hello! For those of you who sell your soap, where do you purchase soap boxes? Has anyone used any of the companies overseas, such as Alibaba? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

if you want plain unprinted boxes, WSP has both Kraft and white soap boxes of various sizes and styles. I wait for a good sale then buy them in bulk.

Thank you for your replies so far. We're looking for a company to take our PDF designs and transfer to boxes, then send us the boxes. So, I apologize for not clarifying earlier. We're not looking to purchase blank boxes, we are interested in a company that can print our PDF designs onto boxes. Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your replies so far. We're looking for a company to take our PDF designs and transfer to boxes, then send us the boxes. So, I apologize for not clarifying earlier. We're not looking to purchase blank boxes, we are interested in a company that can print our PDF designs onto boxes. Thanks for your help!
I use Sustainable Packaging Industries. They have all kinds of things, but I got the 4" clamshell with windows. The boxes are made from recycled cardboard and are themselves 100% recyclable. They will create a custom imprint on the box. Someday....I want to have one with my design. While they don't use inks to print, they can imprint your design on whatever packaging you choose.

I use Sustainable Packaging Industries. They have all kinds of things, but I got the 4" clamshell with windows. The boxes are made from recycled cardboard and are themselves 100% recyclable. They will create a custom imprint on the box. Someday....I want to have one with my design. While they don't use inks to print, they can imprint your design on whatever packaging you choose.
Thank you. Those are nice, but we’re looking for a different style that a PDF can be printed on.

Thank you. Those are nice, but we’re looking for a different style that a PDF can be printed on.
Ask @Misschief (who works in a printing shop), and I'll believe she will confirm that companies that do custom printing of any kind aren't going to use PDFs per se.

What they should be able to do is upload your PDF design into their specialty software. This will allow them to accurately print your design onto your selected style of box. :)

Ask @Misschief (who works in a printing shop), and I'll believe she will confirm that companies that do custom printing of any kind aren't going to use PDFs per se.

What they should be able to do is upload your PDF design into their specialty software. This will allow them to accurately print your design onto your selected style of box. :)
It really depends on the printer. We prefer pdf files but they need to be created and set up properly. As long as the file is a vector file, most print shops can work with it.

You're going to want to look for someone who makes custom boxes; your local print shop may be able to help with that. Most local printers don't have the specialized equipment for printing and making boxes. Also, these would have to be custom boxes as printers generally cannot print on to premade boxes. If you do find a company that can do the customized boxes, be aware that your minumums may start at something like 1000 boxes, per design.

It really depends on the printer. We prefer pdf files but they need to be created and set up properly. As long as the file is a vector file, most print shops can work with it.

You're going to want to look for someone who makes custom boxes; your local print shop may be able to help with that. Most local printers don't have the specialized equipment for printing and making boxes. Also, these would have to be custom boxes as printers generally cannot print on to premade boxes. If you do find a company that can do the customized boxes, be aware that your minumums may start at something like 1000 boxes, per design.
Thanks! We're using Adobe Express to design the text and layout of our boxes. We plan on ordering in bulk. There are companies overseas that will print our designs onto boxes, however, we've never used any companies overseas and curious if anyone has had a positive experience going this route. Appreciate all of your feedback so far. Thanks again!

Thanks! We're using Adobe Express to design the text and layout of our boxes. We plan on ordering in bulk. There are companies overseas that will print our designs onto boxes, however, we've never used any companies overseas and curious if anyone has had a positive experience going this route. Appreciate all of your feedback so far. Thanks again!
I have not personally used anyone overseas. However, I know a lot of candle makers have ordered overseas with excellent quality. Just keep in mind the minimum order is large as in probably 500 or 1000. And look at the company's reviews.

Ophelia Soapery recently suggested The Custom Sized Boxes (based out of NJ USA).

Edited to remove the website - for some reason the link didn't work. I'm not sure if it's my firewall or something weird on the forum, so to save all of us some frustrated "this link doesn't work" posts... just google them.

Ophelia Soapery recently suggested The Custom Sized Boxes (based out of NJ USA).

Edited to remove the website - for some reason the link didn't work. I'm not sure if it's my firewall or something weird on the forum, so to save all of us some frustrated "this link doesn't work" posts... just google them.
I don't see that name anywhere on google. Are you sure it's the right one?

I don't see that name anywhere on google. Are you sure it's the right one?
I got it from this post on Instagram
1717711713131.png

and their instagram account
1717711745787.png

Latest posts

Back