New Coffee Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy8

Reaction score
Well I have been making some more soap. After my Liquid Glycerin Castile Soap disaster, I felt like I had to make some successful batches of soap so that I didn't feel so bad. So the other day I made just some regular soap, nothing special, but I experimented with color using Titanium Dioxide and Black Oxide. Again nothing special but thought I would just do a two layer color theme. Then today I decided to make a coffee soap. I have made it once but decided a few things needed to change. I used Espresso coffee so that the bars are not quite so abrasive. I also decided to do a 5% SF, added silk, and sugar. I was going to add in 3T of glycerin PPO but completely forgot. Here is the recipe I came up with...

38% Olive Oil
35% Coconut Oil
15% Caster Oil
6% Almond Oil
6% Cocoa Butter

Hardness 38
Cleansing 23
Conditioning 57
Bubbly 37
Creamy 28

I tried to make a recipe that would have most of the best qualities but I also included some of the ingredients to help get rid of some small amounts of oils and stuff I had. The cleansing is just a touch high but that's the most that I could bring it down to be within range. I also did this using the CP method and poured into a 3" PVC tube. I cant wait to see how this turns out. Ill be sure to post up some soap **** for you all when it is complete.

I just now noticed that. It was supposed to say "soap P0rn" lol

Ha! That reminds me of an email I sent my sister to her work email. I referred to myself as white trash. I got an auto response telling me off about being racially insensitive. Took me a while to figure out why her work was accusing me of being a racist.

I also just finished a coffee kitchen soap. We can share the p word when you put your pics up.

Thats quite a lot of castor. Do you always use that much? How is the soap? No sliminess? Last time i used that much castor i got a soap that took forever to dry, and still a bit slimy till now.

So yeah, i'm curious. Perhaps it depends on the oil combo itself?

I really wasn't paying to much to the amount of castor I guess. I only had 6oz of Olive oil to work with so I just added some more oils and tried to balance it out. I guess we will see how it turns out. :)

I made my first coffee soap yesterday. Can't wait to unmold when I get home tonight. I scented it with coffee FO and Chocolate FO. Calling it Cafe Mocha.

Yeah the only FO I have right now is Armani Code, so I went without using it. I do want to make a very similar soap as yours in regards to the FO. I mean if its coffee soap it should smell like some sort of coffee. :) I also cant wait to see how the espresso feels as apposed to the regular ground coffee I used in a previous batch which is very abrasive and would be great for in a soap that you need to take off heavy grease and things of that nature. Matter a fact one of my teenage sons used it after working on mufflers all day and had his arms completely covered in black that he couldn't scrape of with his finger nail. Worked like a charm.

Matter a fact one of my teenage sons used it after working on mufflers all day and had his arms completely covered in black that he couldn't scrape of with his finger nail. Worked like a charm.

Whoa .. would you be willing to share that recipe?? We need some of that around this house.

For feet? :grin:

LOL .. very cheeky but nooo ..

Plenty of dirt and grease on the two people in this house .. in addition to the stinky feet.

Fwiw, the stinky foot soap is being made today! Hubby is already calling it the Hokey Pokey soap .. sing with me,

"You put your left foot in ... you put your left foot out .. " :cool:

Well its about as simple as it could be. Here is the recipe...

NOTE: I did a 5% superfat this time around so that may not be a bad idea to also do that. The first time around I did not superfat. Brew the coffee well before hand so that you can use it to make ice cubes. You risk burning the coffee otherwise and it stinks when you add lye to unfrozen coffee. I would highly suggest doing ice cubes.

Coffee Soap
62% Olive Oil
38% Coconut Oil
1T PPO Ground Coffee (not the espresso for this one since you want it to be abrasive)

OPTIONAL: Ground walnuts. I did not do this and was still more than pleased with the results, but the option is there.

I only added 1.5 T. for a 5 lb batch as I was concerned about the scrubiness. But I also made mine as a kitchen soap to remove odors. I did not freeze my coffee but just got it good and cold and added the lye a bit at a time. I split the batch and added some TD to 1/3 of it. Add the the base to my mold and made a cocoa powder pencil line then spooned the lighter batter on top. My first pencil line so we shall see.

Also, if you are looking for a great grease remover check out WSP's site for their Mechanics Scrub. I made that for my husband and it now sells like hotcakes. It cleans but doesn't dry the skin. I'm not a fan of MP but it works like a charm in the scrub. I use it on my feet too.

HA! you thought you were in it for the plaster and now you too are chasing the bubbly dragon in our soap den.

Well you see .. it's the extra supplies I have and I only needed to buy one more thing to make a different soap and .. and .. and ..

OMG it's totally addictive.

I'm blaming Hubby because he asked if I could make some for him too. I'm totally blaming him .. yup .. all his fault!

*hangs head in shame*

I'm blaming Hubby because he asked if I could make some for him too. I'm totally blaming him .. yup .. all his fault!

*hangs head in shame*

Just remember that a month from now when your moving his gear to make way for curing soaps.

This is exactly why I wanted to focus my soap making towards us men. :)

Back