Never say never

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so grateful for everyone on this forum, and for other soapers like "Handmade in Florida" (YouTube) who have taught, inspired, and encouraged me while learning to make soap.

My little one is also becoming a soapmaker; she herself, cut this loaf that we made together. It uses leftover pieces of her mp soap (she swirls mp!) dropped into a drop swirl. (design by Handmade in Florida's sea glass). We are both tickled pink at the results! She's so proud of herself! I still hate dealing with mp, but she loves it.

From the beginning I would admire the fancy, detailed swirled soaps, but they were not for me. Especially ones with glitter. But....after making this one, I've changed my mind; this was the most fun I've had yet making soap!

Thank you everyone for being part of my soaping process!:clap:

You can't tell in the pic, but we had two shades of blue, one green and purple, and her mp was green and purple. Glitter on top! (She's 6. Glitter makes everything better)

View attachment 1403628580285.jpg

ooo i love it! i think the mp looks better cut into embeds (as opposed to drop swirled). you can really see through the bar, which is the thing i like when combining cp and mp. great job to your lil soaper too!

We're very lucky that she has the personality she does; bright, curious and interested in EVERYTHING. But most importantly, if you explain why she has to stay in her chair when the lye is out, she listens without fail. She will sit and watch intently, make comments, ask questions or....and this is my favorite part....she will tell me what to do next (and have it right). She will take charge, get out the safety supplies, and check to see if I have goggles and gloves on before she lets me start. (she's also been a backseat driver since she was 3!)

Soaping is also a great way to sneak a little education in...she is my scale master and double checker for weighing oils. And now, CEO of glitter and embeds!

This week she brought out the sewing supplies and asked me to teach her how to sew. This is just how she is, and she's a delight.

The gardener comes tomorrow....they have a blast together too, as you can imagine. :lol:

Lovely soap! That blue is gorgeous! My daughter dictates colours I use, my next project HAS to be pink and purple with glitter. I'm lucky I have some floral FOs and it should work. ;)
She is way too little (not even 7yrs old) to let her help around, but in the few years time she will be able to.

Thanks. Until she's ready, you daughter can be proud of being in charge of color design! (But you'll need to keep plenty of floral fo's around! I don't think they grow out of the pink & purple phase until they're 10, and glitter is always a hit!)

Is it just me or anyone else also had a problem viewing the pictures?

I can't see any pictures. .... :( this is the first time ever that I am having this issue! !!!!

Maybe something happened when this was moved to the gallery from the cp forum. I'll try to put the picture in this post.

IMG_20140624_095212.jpg

Thank you! This was inspired by "Handmade in Florida", from YouTube. We're excited about it because it was just so much fun for our little girl to help. She's going to take some to grandma's house.

Today she tells me she wants to make polka dot soap, with "icing" on top. (She loves to watch Katie from Royalty soaps on YouTube, who does really fancy stuff). I may have created a soap monster here!

Back