Need recommendations for a Lavender fo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbp

Reaction score
Hi everyone--

Can anyone recommend a nice lavender FO for me? I have used Bulgarian Lavender EO exclusively, but I have a client asking for a 'less herbal' smelling lavender....so I am thinking of going to a FO, or is Lavender 40/42 a more 'floral' smelling EO?

Any insight would be appreciated!!
Susan

ps. will be used in CP

elements bath and body has a nice lav called lav maruska body wrap, ive heard good comments about it, i havent soaped it yet, i dont like lav myself, but people are asking for it, i have a hard time making scents i dont like!

40/42 is more camphorous, so that's not going to help much. The Tassi Lavender from Southern Soapers is pretty popular, although I've never used it myself. It definitely gets a lot of good reviews on the SRB.

Yes- Tassie Lavender from Southern Soapers! It's 'hands down' my favorite lavender FO. It's awesome in CP. No A, no D, and it's good n' strong.

IrishLass :)

I love Lavender Fields from WSP, it's a BBW dupe and is a nice lavender with floral undertones. I sell tons of it in soap, lotion and scrub cubes and WSP has free shipping on all of their FO's which is really nice.

Good Luck

P.S. I got some of the lav maruska body wrap mentioned and I don't care for it at all:(

Oh, sorry you dont like the lav maruska, i mixed itt with honey and is pretty nice, you could add some vanilla? did you already make it or just dont like from the bottle?

honor435 said:
Oh, sorry you dont like the lav maruska, i mixed itt with honey and is pretty nice, you could add some vanilla? did you already make it or just dont like from the bottle?

I found it extremely weak out of the bottle so didn't even want to waste my oils on making it, besides it had a very weird smell to it. Maybe I just got a bad bottle?

no, it does smell weird, i wouldnt buy it again, it does smell ok mixed though. If i did lav again i would use eo(which i dont use much) but it isnt that spendy and you dont need alot.
Did u find one you like yet?

Back