Need help for Manly soap formulation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the info Mattin, but I am not sure how fine you can get the AC even after grinding it down. I bought granules once but I can't get it fine enough for soap, it's too scratchy. Jmo

I work a lot with sailors on container ships, an extremely grubby environment, and they cross the equator regularly. The soaps they have clamored for have been:

Basic 80% Co/ 80% Salt 20% superfat salt soap scented with a minty EO mix of Fir/rosemary/eucalyptus/peppermint & spearmint

A soap I make with red palm, regular palm, 20% coconut and 10% shea (I dont think the recipe is so important but for the palm hardness and the 20% CO, but yes they do like shea :)), with activated charcoal in about 1/3 of the batter swirled about. Scented with patchouli citrus. The guys with the acne problems really like the soaps with the activated charcoal.

Same soap recipe as above with charcoal and red clay - scented with lavender and anise

Huh - I just realized that in general the guys lean towards the palm recipes and the girls like the lard recipes

Back