Need Feedback on Labels for YOU

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenka

Reaction score
I am a graphic designer and have been researching the need for printable and EDITABLE soap wraps (cigar band style) for quite some time. I have finally developed what I think is a great product.

However, I would appreciate some feedback in regards to the clarity of the product description. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Is it clear? Can you tell what you receive? Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/greenka?section_id=6676519

The labels look nice.

I do not understand a couple of things.

1. Contact Green Originals for a commercial license in order to obtain permission for the use of Green Originals Design imagery to make projects to sell or use in manufacturing finished tangible goods. If someone buys these labels, they have to get permission to sell the soap they put the label on?

2. THEN....You will receive a hi-res PDF file with:
** 3 sheets of 2.5"x8.5" coordinating wraps

Why would you need to get 3 sheets? Wouldn't 1 work since you can edit it? Is it a diff color on each sheets maybe?

3.THEN....You will receive a hi-res PDF file with:
** 1 sheet of 2"x2" ingredient labels
Why are the ingrdients not on the original label?

Like the labels.

I'm curious why you would retain ownership of the labels, tho - if you sold them. Would then also sell the same design again?

It doesn't make sense to ask for a business name to print on the labels, and then tell the buyer they have to get a commercial license for permission to use your design.

You didn't ask about this, but full coverage ink on the three sheets you give is going to use a huge amount of ink/toner--something your buyers should be concerned about.

Also, saying you provide 1 sheet of 2x2 ingredient labels is misleading. Shouldn't it say label template?

carillon said:
It doesn't make sense to ask for a business name to print on the labels, and then tell the buyer they have to get a commercial license for permission to use your design.

You didn't ask about this, but full coverage ink on the three sheets you give is going to use a huge amount of ink/toner--something your buyers should be concerned about.

Also, saying you provide 1 sheet of 2x2 ingredient labels is misleading. Shouldn't it say label template?

Ditto!

Your whole approach is "Use these for your business," yet, you're saying I have to pay for a commercial use license, which isn't bad of itself, but you don't post that info right up-front. I want to know that up front along with how much is that commercial use license? You never mention that. I had to read all the way to the end of your blurb to even know anything about a commerical use license. All of that says shady advertising to me. Sorry, but you asked.

I want to be able to save my labels to my computer. I use different ingredients for several of my soaps. I don't want to have to edit ingredients lists every single time I need to print labels.

Right now, the only thing I have to edit is the name of the soap, ie: Butterfly Flower or Jade Dragon, etc. Other than the name, all my labels for all my soaps are on my computer ready to print - no other editing needed. That's a huge time-saver for me, & time is $$$.

I couldn't afford the toner your labels will use, either.

I couldn't see myself using these.

I make one label per range, then I use that design in various options (banderoles, squares, round labels etc) across my range (lipbalms, body butter, soap etc), so that I have consistency and save time.

A lot of my labels are full colours, so I am using a lot of toner myself, but I like them that way. Once I get bigger, I will get them printed locally, which will save money, so I store all my files in several formats, PDF wont be good enough. I need PSD files. So, nope, not for me this option. And I am not sure I would buy a soap label of Etsy and risk 3 other sellers having the same label anyway.

Back