Need a link if possible

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missdee33

Reaction score
I saw where someone had posted a link on how to partially rebatch soap. and for the life of me I cannot find it. It was something like using oils for a new soap but also adding shredded soap and blending it until it was smooth then adding the lye. I wanted to try that method.

Thank you so much.

It's pretty easy. Just shred up some old soap & add it to any new soap you are making and mix well to get the shreds fully wet. If the shreds are very old and very dry, add a little water or oil, toss and let sit for a few hours to soften the shreds. How much you add depends on how much you want to add for the effect your prefer.

For example if you just want a light confetti in your soap, add less. If you want it heavily full of shreds, add more.

This was not a confetti soap. If I remember correctly, you add the shreds to your oils that you would use for a cp soap then blend the shreds with the oils of your recipe, then add the lye water for the cp soap. It was called partially rebatched soap but I cannot find the link.

its like this, but there was a link to it:

You can incorporate finely shredded soap scraps into a new recipe using the hot process method. Decide the hot process recipe you want to work with. Add the total weight of oils/butters for a hot process soap recipe; divide by 2. This is the amount of shredded soap scraps you include in the recipe. Put the finely shredded soap scraps into a crockpot and add oils and butters. Heat this mixture up until the solid oils and butters melt. Stick blend to break up any solids. Add lye and water mixture to melted oils and shredded soap scraps and stick blend for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is thick and doesn't separate. Cook just like any hot process batch, checking and stirring regularly through the saponification process. Can add a little sweet almond oil to superfat and can add fragrance. Mix thoroughly and pour into soap mold
Try this with a small batch to see how you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, unless the soap shreds all melt down completely, then it is still technically a confetti soap. Both are considered re-batching. Me, I call them 'old & new soap', but that's just me.

I don't know the link or the thread you are referring to, but do you have a rough idea of how old or new the post was? Or who posted it? In the search here at SMF you can fine-tune your searches to include the member name of the poster and/or posts made since a certain date. Also you can specify which forum to search, if you recall which forum it may have been posted in. Use the 'more' button to bring up advanced search options.

You say it was termed something like 'partially rebatched soap', right? That might help in your search.

Here's one link I found in an old thread from 2012:
https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/how-to-rebatch-soap-517103

Here's a link I found in a thread from 2017:
http://pvsoap.com/re-batch-or-hand-milled-soap/

And here is another link I found in a thread from 2013:
http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/rebatch-double-boiler-method-2/

I don't know if any of them are the threads or the links you had in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the help so much, if I ever find the link again I will be sure and post it. I did try the one Dawni posted and it worked out perfect!!

Again, Thank you so much, all is very much appreciated!

Dee

Latest posts

Back