NDA 16.6 bottles, need a no spill top

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serfmunke

Reaction score
Help please, I just started buying my EOs in 16.6 ounce bottles from NDA. I have found it very difficult to pour the oil out without wasting a fair amount. Wasting any amount is not acceptable. I just talked to them and they have no spout that makes life easier. I was told their solution is to buy amber bottles as they have tops for those. Currently I am using shampoo type pumps I purchased from a hair supply store. They work but do not screw onto the bottle top, I can only hold them in and pump. I am looking for pumps that will screw onto the bottles that I can leave on till I run out of oil. Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks!

I'm sorry that I don't have a solution but just wanted to let you know that the EO's will most likely eat through the tubing on the pumps.

Better than pouring from the bottle is to use a clean disposable pipette to pull some of the oil out from the bottle. Then the neck of the bottle stays clean, and you only lose the little bit of oil which coats the interior of your disposable pipette. Essential oils will take apart a leave in pump fairly quickly, and leaving the oil in contact with the plastic pump parts will degrade the oil over time.

You can get pipettes in fairly large sizes too.

Latest posts

Back