natural anticaking agent for roll on deodorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone know what is the best natural anticaking agent for a roll on deodorant???

I'm using zinc oxide in this deodorant and the zinc oxide ends up sticking to the bottom and all caking up. I'm wondering about using potato starch or cornstarch but I read somewhere that using organic substances in deodorant might not be a good idea I have no idea why though.

Anyway anyone know what anticaking agent I can use ideally one I can buy off the high street in the UK???

EDIT:
Can I use arrowroot powder because I can get that quite easily from the shop???

and also how much anticaking agent will I need???

my deodorant is:
zinc oxide (2 tsp)
citric acid (1 tsp)
tea tree oil (10 drops)
50 ml water

Last edited:
You could try arrowroot powder. Though I don't know that it will help. It will probably settle out like the zink oxide. I've not made a roll-on deodorant.

I haven't done a lot of experimenting with this, but wouldn't pretty much anything settle out of water? Unless it completely dissolves, or you use something to disperse or suspend it? So no matter what you add to it, wouldn't you need to just shake it up well before you apply? And wouldn't a good shake-well-before-applying solve the problem?

Latest posts

Back