Orange (Peel) Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do apologize. I have not been as active and missed the post. I continue to make orange soaps using the wax and the fragrance is out of this world. My only source to date is from Dr. Adorable Inc. on Amazon. I admit I have only purchased the product once. I don’t know of any reputable companies that produces a regular supply of it.
Thank you for the reply. I was hesitant but I may give this Dr. Adorable a shot. I found them on Etsy and they seem substantially cheaper there than on Amazon which is where I originally found them.

I also bought mine from Dr. Adorable on Amazon, just about 2 years ago. I keep it in the refrigerator and haven’t noticed any changes in qualities over time. I make soap with it a few times a year, always small batches, and I’m just about to the end of 8 oz. The soap below is my first batch of gardener’s soap, which has a bunch of additives, orange wax at 2%, orange peel powder (dried, pulverized peel of 1 orange ppo) and 6x orange eo. Left is gelled, right is ungelled. Orange wax is a heater and I think it would be impossible to keep the soap from gelling in a loaf mold, but I might make the next batch using cavity molds because the ungelled color is fantastic. Both bars smell super orangey.

7D2B5799-8E00-4F1E-A3C3-3475BA54B2C4.jpeg

Last edited:
I also bought mine from Dr. Adorable on Amazon, just about 2 years ago. I keep it in the refrigerator and haven’t noticed any changes in qualities over time. I make soap with it a few times a year, always small batches, and I’m just about to the end of 8 oz. The soap below is my first batch of gardener’s soap, which has a bunch of additives, orange wax at 2%, orange peel powder (dried, pulverized peel of 1 orange ppo) and 6x orange eo. Left is gelled, right is ungelled. Orange wax is a heater and I think it would be impossible to keep the soap from gelling in a loaf mold, but I might make the next batch using cavity molds because the ungelled color is fantastic. Both bars smells super orangey.

View attachment 57314

You have inspired me to purchase some Orange Wax 😁. Can’t wait to get it and try it out. I love me an orange smelling soap! 😁

I’m running through my archived soaps and want to report that this little soap, which was made back in May 2019, still has a nice orange scent.
View attachment 52947
ETA: @HowieRoll @Richard Perrine can either of you provide an update on your orange wax soaps?

OMG, Mobjack, I saw this months ago and must have dreamed I replied! But when the thread popped up again recently I saw I hadn't - SO sorry about that (and when it popped up I was out of town so had to wait another week to get back so I could smell the soap for a report - aarrrgh)!!! Oy.

Well, if there is any silver lining it's that the soap is now even older... As a recap, it was made Nov. 2019, and while it had a nice orange smell it also had a prevailing wet dog smell I found troublesome (my husband did not notice it). As of today, there is good news/bad news: the good news is I can no longer smell the wet dog aroma, but the bad news is the overall scent has faded quite a bit. There is still an orange scent, to be sure, it's just I now have to stick my nose deeper into the suds to find it.

Thanks for the continued updates on this thread!

Latest posts

Back