Nasty oils...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakura1024

Reaction score
What do you do with oils that you purchase, but when you get them, you hate them? I got my shipments in from BB and WSP and I hate 90% of the oils! There's a couple that aren't bad, but I don't know what to do with the others.

From now on, I'm buying sniffies first!

offer them on the members add forum? what you might hate, others might love...

what did you buy?

But remember, FOs can smell very different (and much better) IN products. Soap, especially, can change the scent, but even lotion can - the balance of the components shifts.

It took me ages to come to really believe that. But it's true.

So don't necessarily give up on them.

And vise versa! I had a NG scent that was great OOB but smelled like sweaty ass in the soap.....yeah....major gross!

Tegan said:
And vise versa! I had a NG scent that was great OOB but smelled like sweaty ass in the soap.....yeah....major gross!

HAHAHA! I'm sorta curious now... bleh XD

Ditto what carebear and Tegan said (not the part about the sweaty booty, mind you :wink: , but about how FOs can change in product for the better or for the worse). For example, I recently soaped Pheromones from NG, which smells great OOB to my nose, but in my soap it took on a bitter edge that I find very unpleasant. And then there's Tassie Lavender from SS which has a slight harsh/bitter undertone to my nose OOB, but in my soap it loses that unpleasant bitter edge and smells delightfully wonderful. It's my favorite lavender to use in CP.

I've learned it's best to never judge a scent until it's actually in product.

IrishLass :)

The one I got from NG was Christmas Wreath.....

Yeah....more like Christmas Bunghole....

I'm almost tempted to buy some of that there sweaty ass. Ladies in nursing school would buy it in a heartbeat. In fact, they were just asking today about fart fragrances while we were out for lunch.

The baby diaper is supposed to be "unclean". I wonder if it smells like a "hot" fart or something like a corn fart. Not even sure which would be better, really. I guess either way, it'd be awesome. The one thing I DO NOT like is the fact of concentration... I've never seen a place that had the option to buy higher concentration of the fragrance. Makes me think that they have a low concentration to start with. :/
Ever order from this company?

hahaa!!!!

When I get something I'm not sure about I will try and mix it with something else in a small batch.

Or ask my family and friends at work what they think.

If all that fails there is always the member's ad forum.

Hahaha! Thanks for the advice everyone and the laughs! I won't be trying the fart or baby diapers (I got enough of that at home)! I might try to soap some first, but I might be getting rid of some of them. The ginger lime and blackberry cybilla are pretty bad. There's a Tropical Vacation one that's pretty bad, but it might change in soap.

My favourite fragrance right now is a new one from NG "Rockin the Stars" and it is a Lush dupe (of Rock Star?). I haven't been in a Lush store in ages, but I do have an old OLD powder from there (do they even sell powder anymore??) that was named "Silky Underwear" and it smells just like it.

Anyway, I didn't like it OOB but in lotion it is dreamy! I soaped some last week and so far it has held up well. I also made a solid perfume from it.

Tegan said:
And just who's smelly ass did you smell?

How about a topic for trading smelly ass oils or rather those we don't like?

Tegan said:
And just who's smelly ass did you smell?

How about a topic for trading smelly ass oils or rather those we don't like?

Latest posts

Back