Nag champa blended well but...brown specks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goji_fries

Reaction score
I made this Nag Champa batch about 24 hrs ago. Blended very very well. Smells amazing, the orris infusion adds a little creaminess. But it has a pinkish color on the outside like a cheese block and some brown specks. The specks may be from: Moroccan clay? Orris root? Aloe vera juice with the lye water that separated from the batch?? Is it too early to tell? I've seen soaps darken up after they have been a few days.

Your thoughts. :arrow:

SAM_0738.JPG

SAM_0742.jpg

Last edited:
I like the specks! Not sure what they're from, but I think they add character. I looooooove Nag Champa. I think heaven must smell of it. I made a batch yesterday, and I should have made a bigger batch, because it's all spoken for already, and there won't be any left for me......wah! Mine usually darkens to a medium brown. I hope you get to keep some of your batch just for you. Nice soap! :clap:

I like the specks! Not sure what they're from, but I think they add character. I looooooove Nag Champa. I think heaven must smell of it. I made a batch yesterday, and I should have made a bigger batch, because it's all spoken for already, and there won't be any left for me......wah! Mine usually darkens to a medium brown. I hope you get to keep some of your batch just for you. Nice soap! :clap:

I already know these are going to be gone as soon as they dry.The living room smells like the currently drying batches: Nag Champa, Mocha biscotti, magnolia, iris, pine tar and chamomile. ::: UNREAL :::

Back