3rd time try...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMBCreative

Reaction score
20200205_075641.jpg 20200205_075629.jpg I made my third batch of cold process soap last week. The 1st batch was a 100% beef fat soap which I made in 1st week of December last year. It turned out well for a first time try. It is very creamy and moisturising. I made my 2nd batch, again in December last year. I added aloe Vera juice and oatmeal. I haven't used this one as it still curing. I must say I really enjoy making my own soap.

The 3rd batch I used pureed carrot - I know it is too soon for a beginner to try and play with purees but I guess I will never learn unless I try things out. The soap has a partial gel but I am still proud of myself. Now I know what a partial gel looks likes, have read a lot about it.

I have attached my carrot soap - i think he carrot puree just added a tint of yellow nothing more.

I used a knife to cut the soap hence it does not have smooth edges - still way too early for me to buy the fancy cutters;).

Thank you so much for the wealth of knowledge on this site. I am learning each time I visit.

Last edited:
Well done! And welcome to the addiction;) experimenting is what's fun about soapmaking! (at least it is for me) I like the color you got from the carrot and I'm impressed with your cutting skills! I also still use a knife to cut my soaps but couldn't get a straight cut if my life depended on it. Yours look really straight:thumbs:

Lol I have one of those steel dough cutters and still can't get em straight lol

Nice soap! Good job on braving purees.. What's next? Hehehe

It is indeed an addiction - but a welcome one I guess.
Well done! And welcome to the addiction;) experimenting is what's fun about soapmaking! (at least it is for me) I like the color you got from the carrot and I'm impressed with your cutting skills! I also still use a knife to cut my soaps but couldn't get a straight cut if my life depended on it. Yours look really straight:thumbs:

Lol I have one of those steel dough cutters and still can't get em straight lol

Nice soap! Good job on braving purees.. What's next? Hehehe
The above soap didn't use any animal fat. I want to replace the palm oil in the recipe for the above soap with beef fat. I have formulated the recipe using soapcalc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back