My valentine 2015 collection.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again guys!

@Seven it won't turn brown because there's no actual vanillin. I just named it that because I mixed two scents (a toffee and a coconut) to create a creamy sort of vanilla scent to tone down the cinnamon! :)

smart idea! :) i really like the scent of vanilla, but hates the discoloration. it never occurred to me to "recreate" the scent by mixing non vanillin FOs.

Wow, they are all great, I love the first one the most!
Question - how did you get such clean lines with the layered soap? Did you let each layer harden up a bit before adding the next layer? Thanks!

Wow, they are all great, I love the first one the most!
Question - how did you get such clean lines with the layered soap? Did you let each layer harden up a bit before adding the next layer? Thanks!

Thanks!

Yes, basically I let each layer set and I pour carefully over the back of a spatula.. It's a labor of love and I definitely couldn't take the time to do it with every soap! Once in awhile it's a fun technique tho :)

TVivian, I know this is an old thread but I'm spending my night watching Ghostbusters on cable and prowling old posts in the photo section from before I discovered this forum. That first soap made me swear out loud alone on my couch, it is so beautiful. What a work of art! Thanks for sharing.

TVivian, I know this is an old thread but I'm spending my night watching Ghostbusters on cable and prowling old posts in the photo section from before I discovered this forum. That first soap made me swear out loud alone on my couch, it is so beautiful. What a work of art! Thanks for sharing.

Haha.. Well thank you very much. I still have one of each of these and refuse to part with them.. Even though I've been asked to! Ghostbusters and soap, sounds like the best night ever :)

Viv, I loved the simplicity of the first one, but also love the relative simplicity of the last one, the black one. I liked how you used several techniques that all conveyed your theme, but held back so that it was not overdone/not too much of any/all, and the actual soap itself held its own. I think restraint is a hard learned skill and where many - including me - go wrong.

Back