My new Tub to use my soaps in

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
We just did a remodel. I don't even have towel racks up yet or rugs but am loving this tub. I have already enjoyed a soak and used some of my wonderful soap and it was all I had dreamed of.
031-1.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tub! I have an old clawfoot tub that was my grandfather's. The feet are missing and it needs to be refinished, but all the prices I've received from refinishing companies are a bit on the high side :-(

So it's one project that I've had to put off, being dirt poor and all.

Lovely bathroom, I'm not usually a yellow person, but that looks so bright and welcoming.

Fabulous!

The first house my hubby and I rented ... an old school house in Mosgiel, New Zealand ... had a bath that looked identical, although not in as good condition as your one. It was outstanding to chill in!

Enjoy your new bath ... and your new bathroom!

Thank you. It has been a long time coming. The tub is 72 inches long so my DH can soak too. he is 6'5 so we need a long one. I bought it from Vintage tubs online. Free Shipping. They have package deals with the hardware included. It was less expensive than buying locally or buying and refinishing a old one. I did my research. It is cast iron so holds the heat well. After I saw a double slipper clawfoot tub by this company installed on a design show on HGTV and they highly recommended the company and said feet come balanced I decided to use them. They were very helpful when I talked to them on the phone making all my decisions.

Relle thanks. I never like yellow much but I got my inspiration from a cottage bathroom a designer did on Houzz photos. They had bead board and black and white tile and yellow.
We have lived in this old house for nearly 10 years and I haven't had the bathroom finished. The shower was like a cave. I opened it up and added a bench. We worked hard tearing out the old tile in the shower.
We have never had anything but a piece of carpaet on the floor. We spent 7 thousand redoing. and we are loving it. We now have door to close the bathroom and a closet door.
My husband wants me to get some kind of shelving to display soap in here. I didn't take a pic but my favorite thing beside the tub is my Chandelier with some bling and a dimmer switch so it is like a candlelight bath.

You guys did a masterful job on that bathroom. Next to the kitchen, that's the most important room in a house for me. May you have many years enjoying it.

Thank you. Yall are all welcome to come an take a bath. Hopefully some towel racks this week before more company comes for a week.

Ooooh! I love, love love those old clawfoot tubs...I too am just a little envious. :)

Latest posts

Back