My new soap cutter!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShariLynn

Reaction score
I'm so thrilled with this, I just had to share!

SoapCutter.jpg

My darling hubby made this for me. I told him what I needed (1 inch slices, 15 inch logs, etc.) and he made it happen. The fancy version online is $300+ - but he made this one for about $125 in materials (labor was free). :) It works like a dream!

It really pays to have a handy hubby (he made the wonderful soap curing cabinet I shared with you last year - in case you missed it you can see it here: http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27825

Hope you will forgive me for bragging just a little bit. He does this kind of stuff for me all the time. I'm truly blessed.

I can't spare him - too many "honey-do's" waiting for him! :) But thanks for the compliments, and I'll be sure to tell him he has some fans here!

Re: would you like to share him??

jax1962 said:
put him on a plane and send him over to me - i promise to give him back!

Me next!!!!!

LOVE your cutter!

on a more serious note, would this not be a good opportunity for your other half to market his creations sharilynn??? if you were anywhere near my neck of the woods i'd definitely be saving up to buy one........... :lol:

jax1962 said:
on a more serious note, would this not be a good opportunity for your other half to market his creations sharilynn??? if you were anywhere near my neck of the woods i'd definitely be saving up to buy one........... :lol:

I've asked him about that - personally, I think it would be a great idea - but I don't think he wants to make another one! ;)

And yes, he's definitely a keeper!!

I'd like to get in line to borrow him as well!

My husband is wonderful, but he can't build/fix anything to save his life.

That is a gorgeous cutter! It looks like it was made by a pro.

Are those guitar strings, and the tightener things used on guitars? Maybe I can have a cutter someday too...

soap_rat said:
That is a gorgeous cutter! It looks like it was made by a pro.

Are those guitar strings, and the tightener things used on guitars? Maybe I can have a cutter someday too...

Thanks! The wire is actually stainless steel wire, which he ordered from an industrial catalog. He cut 16 lengths of wire from the spool, and there's still plenty left over to replace any wires that might break (and they will; ask me how I know)! Hint: don't overtighten. :oops: The tighteners are indeed guitar tuning knobs (called machine heads) and I ordered them off eBay.

I've told him if he doesn't want to make more of them, he ought to draw up the plans and sell them! I bet there's lots of handy folks out there that could build one if they had a set of plans.

Hope you can get a cutter - it really saves time and gives such a nice, even cut.

Soap Cutter

That is truly awesome....I'm going to see if my hubby can build something like this. Also, like your name, mine is exactly the same. Same spelling as well.

Re: Soap Cutter

shunt2011 said:
That is truly awesome....I'm going to see if my hubby can build something like this. Also, like your name, mine is exactly the same. Same spelling as well.

Cool! Hope you have had better luck with people spelling your name right! :lol:

ok ShariLynn! Seriously, your darling hubby is starting to really piss off my darling hubby! :wink: Every time you post I have yet another thing for him to build! :D (Tell your hubby to keep up the good work!!) :wink:

FOhoarder said:
ok ShariLynn! Seriously, your darling hubby is starting to really piss off my darling hubby! :wink: Every time you post I have yet another thing for him to build! :D (Tell your hubby to keep up the good work!!) :wink:

:lol: I will tell him!

Latest posts

Back