My new soap curing cabinet!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. I showed my husband last night I was going to use the plate racks in the interim but when we went and priced them, he said it would be cheaper to buy the closet shelving instead of paying 10 for one two foot shelf. Again thank you for sharing.

Padamae said:
I love it. I showed my husband last night I was going to use the plate racks in the interim but when we went and priced them, he said it would be cheaper to buy the closet shelving instead of paying 10 for one two foot shelf. Again thank you for sharing.

You're welcome! :)

WOW. . . WOW, I want one. I think I might show this to my hubby. That is exactly what I need. Thanks for sharing!

chibilightangel said:
That's a lovely curing rack! I'd love to see pictures of it with your soap in it.

I've been doing LOTS of experimenting lately: bar size, textured tops, colorants (micas, oxides, ultramarines, and natural) and have also been tinkering with several of my recipes. That's why there's such a hodge podge. The half-size bars were 1-lb experimental batches. Here's the soaps on the rack:

Soaps2.jpg

Top row: the purple and off-white layered soaps have a wonderful lavender and patchouli eo blend, and are topped with organic lavender buds; the wide bars on the right have frankincense and bergamot eo with organic calendula petals.

2nd row: on the left there's a delicious soap made with rose floral wax and an eo blend of geranium, palmarosa, and rosewood (the color didn't come out pink like I wanted); in the middle is a recipe and color experiment and believe it or not the color doesn't bleed!; and on the right is a 95% coconut/5% castor soap with 20% superfat, Himalayan pink salt, and peppermint eo - one of my faves! Feels wonderful on the feet and rough elbows, and smells good enough to eat. :)

3rd row: the first two columns are 100% castile unscented which I get a lot of requests for; and on the right is a rebatched soap that I don't think is ever going to cure (but it smells wonderful with clove bud, sweet orange, and cinnamon leaf eo).

Bottom row: two more recipe and color experiments! Both are unscented. As you can see, the blue has a little soda ash (toothbrush will take care of that) but I love the color and it doesn't bleed. On the right is a mega-shea recipe that's incredible IMHO but the natural color (turmeric powder added at trace) doesn't float my boat. Well, not the color so much as the fact that it's blotchy - must not have blended it in well enough.

In the last couple of days I've made color infusions in olive oil with alkanet, annatto seed, madder root, paprika, black walnut hull, turmeric, red sandalwood powder, and woad. I'm a little doubtful of the woad, but we'll see what happens!

beautiful soaps! (and I wish I had requests for castile... I can't convince people around here that it is good for anything except laundry, so I can't even hardly give the stuff away! Funny how different cultures view soap....)

Wow! That is amazing! I showed the pictures to my hubby and will now start bugging him to make me one too! Awesome!

fiddletree said:
beautiful soaps! (and I wish I had requests for castile... I can't convince people around here that it is good for anything except laundry, so I can't even hardly give the stuff away! Funny how different cultures view soap....)

Wow - that surprises me! Wonder why? Castile is my husband's favorite. He tests my other soaps, but always comes back to the castile. If I'm running low, I've been known to make a hot process batch just for him so he doesn't have to wait months and months for it to cure.

Bubbly Buddha said:
Wow! That is amazing! I showed the pictures to my hubby and will now start bugging him to make me one too! Awesome!

LOL - a few other forum members have also shown the pics to their hubbies. There's probably half a dozen husbands out there who now hate mine. :lol:

Wow! That's awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! And yes- I just showed it to my hubby (tee hee) :wink: . He was very impressed and already I can hear the wheels spinning in his head (he's the handy type, too). I hope that means that I'll have something similar soon (oh please, oh please!). Right now I cure my soaps on a bunch of stackable Pampered Chef cooling racks in an out-of-the-way place, which works fine enough, but it would sure be nice to be able to just pull out a shelf to get to my soap easily instead of unstacking and restacking my racks or crouching down on all fours and reaching my hand in to get to my bars.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
I just showed it to my hubby (tee hee) :wink: . He was very impressed and already I can hear the wheels spinning in his head (he's the handy type, too). I hope that means that I'll have something similar soon (oh please, oh please!). IrishLass :)

Good luck IrishLass, and all the other soapers who've dropped a hint to their hubbies! :wink:

ShariLynn said:
Took me 3 tries to find the right husband. :wink: Third time's the charm!

Maybe that's my problem. I quit after two :twisted:

LOVE the drying rack. It'd ALMOST be worth getting married again.

I wish I could try and get hubby to make something like that. But alas, I am the handy one in the house. And I just don't have the time now. I can dream though.

I just got remarried for the third time. He is awesome. I guess it just takes some of is a few times to get it right. We say to eachother that our past was prep for meeting. It was just fate it is so perfect. I was not looking to date when I met him but I just could not stop myself from falling for him.

Sherrylynn your soaps are so pretty. I havent thought of adding lavender buds to the top of soaps. I have added them at a light trace but those soaps crumpled some.

Padamae said:
I just got remarried for the third time. He is awesome. I guess it just takes some of is a few times to get it right. We say to eachother that our past was prep for meeting. It was just fate it is so perfect. I was not looking to date when I met him but I just could not stop myself from falling for him.

Congratulations! I feel the same way. We've been together for almost 13 years now, and every day is a blessing.

About the lavender buds - I've tried adding them to the soap batch for a little exfoliation, but they turn brown and I find them a little scratchy. On the top, they're mostly for decoration, but they keep their color. I try not to overdo it though - I pesonally don't want lots of botanicals clogging my bathtub drain! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back