My new soap curing cabinet!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful! Your husband did a fabulous job. I just showed it to my hubby and he said that's exactly what he had in mind to make me. :) We had been talking about his design for a curing cabinet last week, so, hopefully, I will have one soon. He's very handy and also made my fabulous displays for the shows and festivals I attend. Your rack and soaps are very nice. I'm happy for you! :D

DMCC said:
Beautiful! Your husband did a fabulous job. I just showed it to my hubby and he said that's exactly what he had in mind to make me. :) We had been talking about his design for a curing cabinet last week, so, hopefully, I will have one soon. He's very handy and also made my fabulous displays for the shows and festivals I attend. Your rack and soaps are very nice. I'm happy for you! :D

Thank you! I'm happy you're also getting one! It's so great to have handy hubbies, isn't it?

I would love to see pics of your displays. I've been think about having him make some for me, but I've never done a show before and am not sure what I would need. Thanks in advance. :)

ShariLynn said:
DMCC said:

Thank you! I'm happy you're also getting one! It's so great to have handy hubbies, isn't it?

I would love to see pics of your displays. I've been think about having him make some for me, but I've never done a show before and am not sure what I would need. Thanks in advance. :)

Yes! It is absolutely a wonderful blessing to have a handy husband! He's extremely handy in addition to being a fabulous wood-worker. He's made lots of items that enable this never-ending soaping obsession. :lol:

I am out of town for the next 2 days, but when I get home I will send pics.

ShariLynn, I loved your hubby's efforts so much that I had mine make me a similiar model!

Not as 'crafted' as your's but it works a treat!

SoapSafe1.jpg

Half full:
SoapSafe2.jpg

Nice job! Glad my cabinet inspired your hubby to make this for you! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. :) And your soaps are beautiful - love the colors!

I love it.

An aside question I have been working in getting the whipped tops. I know I really need a loaf mold but do you have any more tips fir me.

Hi Padamae - I don't know if you've seen it, but one of our members (Lyn) did a YouTube video of how she does her textured fluffy tops. The video is at [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwBeXafR-o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwBeXafR-o[/ame]. I believe she pours at medium trace and then uses a popsicle stick to do the technique in the video.

I sometimes use that technique, and other times I use the back of a spoon to make peaks and valleys. I've also used a small spatula and when I pull the spatula out of the soap batter I give it a little twist.

Another hint - I don't gel my soap (and I don't think Lyn does either). If the soap goes through gel, it might generate enough heat to make all the fluffy tops collapse. Can't be sure about that though, since I don't gel! Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Hope this helps. :)

It's exactly what I want but I don't have that many successful soaps yet! :lol:

If you or your hubby is handy, you could always make a smaller table-top version and "grow into it!"

Ditto! That is just what I need! I just showed my hubby...maybe for Christmas! :) I think alot of hubbies are going to have to become very handy very soon! lol

My hubby is not handy like that. I am though. I just don't have the time now. Maybe next summer I'll make a small version. Those are so nice though!

What a beautiful cabinet and a "Whoo-Hoo!" shout-out to your supportive hubby. Sounds like he gets his favorite dinner in the newly freed-up dining room.

Wow!!!

I am very new to soap making, started late February this year. I wasn't going to join any soap forms but you best believe I've been stalking them...lol...especially this one. The advice provided..amazing...anyway, I had to post a reply. This cabinet is the best I've seen. I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time...lol You are blessed. Tell your husband this is genius. The fact that it's enclosed with the mesh..WOW!!! I want one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back