My new loaf mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerflyy

Reaction score
Because I'm just starting out, I want to try different recipes in small batches but I only have a 1KG loaf mold so I spent some time today to make my own loaf mold since I don't have a boyfriend or husband who could be so lovely to do this for me LOL !

Spent 3 hours on this with some short breaks inbetween. Silly me obviously got to stick the last piece in the wrong piece and so the loaf's a little wrong. But it's not anything I cannot live with so it just have to do.

It's not very pretty inside but I would say it's a good job done ! Making another smaller mold now with the extra wood !

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406286878.532399.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406286920.338248.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406286937.587690.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406286891.159877.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406286891.159877.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 116
It looks nice, i just wonder how are you going to take the soap out? Is one of the walls removable?

Going to line it with freezer paper so I just have to remove the paper from the mould !

That is a much better job than I could do. Good for you!:)

Thank you ! I just made another smaller one. Probably going to make a reuseable polycarbonate sheet to line the mold so I dont have to keep lining my mold !

The insides require some sanding but all's good ! I might lacquer it though

I can never make something like that. Btw, did you use nails or glue? If it's the latter you can't use it for cpop, just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I can never make something like that. Btw, did you use nails or glue? If it's the latter you can't use it for cpop, just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I had to use glue because the nails split my wood oops. And I don't do CPOP so I guess I'm good ! Thanks for the heads up !

Good work for doing it yourself. Don't lacquer it, leave it raw. I had one that had something on the wood and found that when I put soap in it the soap would have some sort of brown come out on the sides.
My mould doesn't have removable sides and I line it with freezer paper, the only thing you will find is that you won't be able to physically lift it out holding your lining. What I do is put a towel down on the bench pick up the mould turn it upside down and shake like crazy. Depending on your recipe, the weather and the way you hold your tongue :razz: will determine if comes out easily or not. Just be aware it's not as easy as you think.

Good work for doing it yourself. Don't lacquer it, leave it raw. I had one that had something on the wood and found that when I put soap in it the soap would have some sort of brown come out on the sides.
My mould doesn't have removable sides and I line it with freezer paper, the only thing you will find is that you won't be able to physically lift it out holding your lining. What I do is put a towel down on the bench pick up the mould turn it upside down and shake like crazy. Depending on your recipe, the weather and the way you hold your tongue :razz: will determine if comes out easily or not. Just be aware it's not as easy as you think.

Thanks for the heads up ! I will leave it raw then ! I'm testing out the mold now and should be able to unmold it tonight ! Hopefully it won't be too difficult !

Or else my next project would be to make a mold with removeable sides !

Latest posts

Back