My little soaping area

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a personal choice, but I also have a soaping area that is not in a kitchen and I use a microwave rather than a hot plate. I think it's better for small adjustments to the oil temps. Regardless, your area is delightful; I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks! :)
I'd use a microwave but i prefer stainless steel bowls and i think i might have some problems if i try to microwave them lol.

Happy Birthday! Your pics are inspiring. I am hoping to get my soap supplies more organized soon. We made a huge score on a storage building and soon that will be finished. Then 'stuff' from the garage can be put out there and I can move in my soaping to that area. I probably will still leave some things inside during the summer though because of the heat. Unless I could convince the Mr to put in a window AC......hmmmmm......I will plot, I mean ponder this idea ;)

This is great. I'm another that has to drag stuff from downstairs up to the kitchen. I can't justify a soaping room for now but do have room in the basement to make an area if I could get DH to give up some of his space down there.

What a great space to work in. How wonderful to have those around you support your passion for soapmaking. Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! Your soaping area is way cool!
We live in an old house (1870's) and the floor plan is odd to say the least! I took over half of the walk-in pantry 3 years ago as my soaping supply storage/curing area. Just last year I also comandeered a spare bedroom (off the kitchen...told you the floor plan was odd) for my addiction, and the DH recently made the comment that it looked like a "soap fairy" took a sh*t in that room :roll: because I was so disorganized! He knew I was really serious about making soap when I cleaned out the chiffarobe that had previously been used to hold my purses, etc. and used it to organize my soaping supplies!!
Angel, I know exactly what you mean! I've been hinting/plotting to get the DH to build me a soap shack for a couple of years now....gotta have power, though. I might (possibly) be able to live without AC in it, but gotta have my stickblender, a microwave and my tunes! :)

I was using a bedroom in my basement for my soapmaking until last November. My sweet husband helped me move everything out into the big family room in our basement. Now I have taken over the entire lower level of the house. As much as I am enjoying the larger space, I find that I am not as quick as I used to be when making soap. I am hoping that as I get used to my new expanded space, I will fall back into a routine that speeds things up.

I love the space that you have set up to make your soap.

Latest posts

Back