My Intro

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krista

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Well, obviously I'm new here.... :)
I'm a 29 yr old stay at home mom who has recently taken a huge interest in soap. It started when I came across an easy way to make laundry detergent. I am about to try that for the first time today! I am smitten with the idea of making soaps for my family to use, and hope to save money and help towards my goal of making my family more "green".
I've watched about a million youtube videos, read four thousand online articles, and yesterday I devoured "the everything soapmaking book" in about three hours. :) I am going to jump right in and start with cold process soap, and have ordered just a few of the most basic essentials (lye and a couple of oils) so I can give it a go. I just CANT WAIT til they arrive in the mail! :)

Nice to meet you all!

Welcom Krista! I started my adventure into soapmaking the very same way.....I ran across a recipe for making homemade laundry detergent and that has been a real cost saver however, not so with the bars of soap. I figure what I save on laundry detergent helps to finance my addiction to soapmaking! :lol: Word of warning.... the addiction just continues to grow....first you get the basics, then you have to try a special carrier oil or additive to see what qualities it will lend to your soap. Then you start to think of making "fancy" bars with some swirls of color and the fragrance of your choice, and on it goes. By then, the hooks are in you and next thing you know, you will actually need a Soaping Room to contain all your ingredients and utensils!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I have to say, My laundry soap is starting to "goop-ify" and like a kid at heart I just had to stick my hand in it! (LOL, not the smartest idea with the borax, but I couldn't resist!). Of course, I quickly washed my hands, but it just felt so cool. :)

I can't wait for my supplies to come! While I know it is off subject of this forum, I am also going to whip up a batch of lip balm for family night! I figure with three teenage stepdaughters, that would be an activity they would love.

My four year old daughter had great fun helping me with the laundry soap (mostly just playing with the soap shreds, lol). She said "I wanna make soap when I grow up mama." :) I said, me too!

Latest posts

Back