My first soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamato4kids

Reaction score
Can wait to try it out, 2 more weeks of curing!

soap.jpg

The speckles are oatmeal. This was the first day of curing, it looks so much nicer now!!

Congratulations on your first batch, it looks just like edible marzipan :clap: beautiful :thumbup:

There's just something so special about that first batch and you never forget it. Yours is really well done! Congrats...

judymoody said:
Congratulations, it looks lovely. Much nicer than my first batch.

That's a great looking batch of soap. and my first batch is sitting grated up somewhere... :roll:

Your first batch is beautiful, Looks like you did some studying before jumping in!

My first batch:

I was so anxious to get started making soap I decided to make the batch before my scale arrived and I ended with a huge smelly mess and I even poured the soap into an aluminum mold (or maybe it was tin I can't remember) which completely ate the surface off (because of the lye)

the entire batch was extremely lye heavy and I had to throw it all out!

thankfully i was educated enough to wear safety gear, otherwise I probably would have been severely burned that day! :oops:

My advice: NEVER underestimate the importance of accurate scales

I hope my first batch is that much of a success! I make it in a couple of weeks. It looks like you could eat it!

Thanks everyone! It was fun and started an addiction! I am also taking soap-making 101 on-line, it has really helped!

I appreciate all of the kind comments!

Latest posts

Back