My first Goat's Milk Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh! I LOVE that soap. I don't gel my GM, and now I'm wondering if I might make a batch and gel it.

I want some of that soap! Great job Salty :D

dOttY said:
Oh my gosh! I LOVE that soap. I don't gel my GM, and now I'm wondering if I might make a batch and gel it.

im making a batch tomorrow :wink:

All my GM soaps, I've prevented gel. I am going to do a batch, with oatmeal and gel it. I had planned on doing it today, but Miss 8 is down with a vomiting bug :(

I love the consistent slices too Salty! You must be happy with your cutter ;) ....and hubby should be too :p

dOttY said:

Thanks, all.
dOtty, are you able to use a wood loaf mold and still prevent gel?

OK... somehow I missed the cut pics (And was asking for them here... )
But this post is now redundant, so here is the correction.

WOOHOO!.... look at the monkey... isn't he a silly shiny monkey?

You never saw me err... nope. Not once.

dieSpinne said:
OK... somehow I missed the cut pics (And was asking for them here... )
But this post is now redundant, so here is the correction.

WOOHOO!.... look at the monkey... isn't he a silly shiny monkey?

You never saw me err... nope. Not once.

LOL! I saw that, and was confused. Not to worry, though, as I am easily confused. ..Look at the shiny, shiny :)

And thankyou, Lotsofsuds, just so happy I didn't scorch it, yay!!

saltydog said:
dOttY said:

Thanks, all.
dOtty, are you able to use a wood loaf mold and still prevent gel?

Every GM batch I've made, I've made in a wooden loaf mould and prevented gel. I'm about to post my pic in a thread :)

turned out beautiful. Your making me want to make some goats milk. Did you use fresh or canned or powdered? I love the feel of it but my first try was a bomb.

Bama said:
turned out beautiful. Your making me want to make some goats milk. Did you use fresh or canned or powdered? I love the feel of it but my first try was a bomb.

Thanks, I was a nervous wreck, soaping fun, lol.
I wish I could get fresh GM, or even in my grocery, but I'm not traveling for that.
I used the canned stuff, reconstituted and frozen. I read somewhere that the fat content is more consistent with canned anyhow.

Back