My first Bath Bombs !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abigtroutt

Reaction score
I ordered a kit from E-bay to get started...fun and easy to make!!!

Now that I have the concept I can start to order the citric acid to make more! The blue I used Ylang Ylang EO that I had here and the white I used Sweet Orange EO that came with the kit. The instructions said to spary water on the mix but I used Witch Hazel. I think I used too much Witch Hazel on my first batch, because they started to bubble a little. The second batch I used less, and that seemed to make a difference.

I also have a question?? Could you use grape seed oil instead of sweet almond oil or could you use any oil in the mix??

Thanks!!

Sure you can use GSO - I use either (or both!) GSO or AKO in mine, sometimes olive but not always.

My oils (usually) are GSO, AKO, vitamin E, and the fragrance oil, then I spritz with witch hazel that has a tiny bit of vitamin E added to it.
It is really easy to go overboard on the spritzing - when they're "just right" they always look so dry! lol
What kind of mold/press did you use? I like it!

The molds are Life of the party Candy molds. Each bath bomb is about 1.5 to 1.75 oz. I wanted to look for a bath bomb round mold maybe ill try to find one later. The molds would make great MP molds also. I've tried CP soaps but with the molds I think I need to order some MP soap too! :shock:

Has any one tried to add butter milk powder? I just found some I was going to add to CP Soaps and just thought about adding it to a BB.

I left mine on the counter and they became like rocks. I also read some one put theirs in a oven on low heat. And I also read in the freezer???

What does every one else do? I live in Florida maybe the oven when very humid??? but the freezer??? :?

Latest posts

Back