My first attempt at soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

With that much OO, you might need to leave to in the mold for a few days, don't rush it out. You might end up losing most of that white mica on top. If you want to color with it and have it stick as a top decoration, next time you might want to add the white mica to a little oil and then use a skewer to swirl it around.

Here she is. This was my first ever batch so it's just a plain olive oil. I experimented with mica for the first layer and sprinkle some on top. I am already planning my next soap, a strawberry champagne. :)
Thank you for everyone's feedback.

IMG_1722.jpg

Those are beautiful, good for you! It is kind of frustrating that you have to wait for so long for the cure w/that much OO. Come on over to the lard side, you can test a skinny sample cut off the end in a week or so, not perfect but good for us impatient newbie-ish types.

I am working my way up to that:) determined to take it slow and not get ahead of myself:)

Making castiles and bastiles is indeed taking it slow - many people consider a Castile unusable before it has cured for a year. 6 months might do it, but it'll likely still not be the best.

A soap with 50% lard, 30% oo and 20% co is really not that hard to make but is ready to use much quicker than soaps with high oo

Flipping heck my first soap was just plain unscented and round - you obvs have a natural affiliation for this keep doing. I'm going in stages what I hate and love in equal measures is nothing is predictable.

Back