My coconut loaf soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stakie

Reaction score
So, I got my supplies in. (Which you can see in my supplies haul thread! WOOHOO) I immediately went to work on a new recipe. It worked wonderfully. Now it's waiting time. Going to see if it's ready to cut this afternoon. (I made it yesterday.) I didn't add any coloring to see how brownish it would come out. I am hope it comes out a nice beige or darker colour. I tried to make some nice swirls on the top, but I have never been very good at tops. Haha.

The scent smells wonderful, I am going to have to order more of it soon. I spilled some of it because my fiance caught me off guard and I flinged my arm. T__T It made me so sad.. but at least my work area will smell like it for a very long time! Haha.

I will add more pictures later!

Good job! Looks like coconut or banana bread. That coconut FO from WSP is better than most. Hope you like it.

Is that the Caribbean Coconut scent? I wanted to order some of that but I think they were out of stock. The first time I went to order they had it but they were out of something else I wanted, so I waited and then they were out of that FO. I'm definitely ordering that next time!

Well, I am definitely liking it. It has a strong scent! It's sooo yummy! It says it has vanilla in it, but it really didn't brown the soap any, if at all. So I suppose that is a plus! It also did not accelerate it at all. I was able to mix it in and it still be in a nice state to put it into the mold.

I can tell WSP scents are MUCH stronger than the essential depot FOs I got are. Much more appealing too. At least smelling from the bottle anyway. Going to test the theory out later though.

Very pretty. I made a coconut cream pie soap using fragrance oil from VA Candle and topped it with my soap shavings that I trim from my bars. It looks just like toasted coconut.

coconut pie soap.jpg

They both look great. Stakie yours will probably brown a little more in the coming days but if I remember from my experience with that fragrance oil (it is one of the better coconuts out there) it won't go super dark.

I have heard only bad things about the Essential Depot FOs, unfortunately. They are my go-to supplier for lye, however, and they often have nice specials on carrier oils.

Yeah, going to try one of the FOs I got. I have to say I didn't really like dealing with ED at all. It was not a good experience. You live and you learn. I am just not sure who else could give me a deal on lye like ED could!

Last edited:
The soaps look awesome..I think it will go darker over time but that is okay too.

I finally cut it! My fiance finally finished my cutter. It needs some kinks worked out, but overall the cuts look pretty good. A LOT smaller than my last soaps, but I like it.

Oh, and they smell divine. Best smelling soap I have IMHO!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back