My 1st MP soap project!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and I am proud to say I have made my first batch of soap. The scent is hand-blended kiwi strawberry rose vanilla cream or what I like to call "Sweet Love". The name was inspired by my hubby because everytime I use it...well that's another story just know it is lovely :p

The soap has mini orange chunks of soap inside (the orange was the only color in stock at the time or I would have purchased a red/green color for the chunks). The lather is great and it doesn't leave you dry when coming out of the shower. However, I do use my whipped shea butter as the icing on the cake.

soap1.jpg

soap2.jpg

soap3.jpg

I know I know the soap says "lavender" lol but, it was the only mold available for those size bars but, now I know I can use shoe boxes with plastic wrap lining and then cut it into the bars. :lol:
Let me know what do you think????

aawww!! Thank you Siberian, I was so excited about the soap I whipped up some shea butter with the same fragrance and oh my goodness....I can't stop smelling myself :lol:

Very nice, the chunks are fun!

While not approved by the FDA for bath and body (disclaimer :wink: ) food coloring makes nice colors in M&P. It takes only a few drops. If it is safe to eat, you can rinse with it.

Thank you everyone!!! I am so excited :D about it. This would be a good time for a smell-o-vision :lol:

Tabitha: Thanks for the info regarding food coloring. The colorant I purchase they told me it was liquid mica - so the orange has a simmer to it. Is that okay???

Those soaps look gorgeous... and they sound delicious! I really love food-related soap scents. :lol: That really sounds like a nice blend of fruit scents with that touch of vanilla. No wonder your hubby loves it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back