Must Have Supplies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Wrap around safety goggles. I use some by DeWalt that I bought on Amazon. Eye protection is not something to skimp on. Wear them until your soap is in the mold and covered. You never know when you might trip and splash raw soap batter everywhere.

2. Stick blender - check ebay - there are lots of used ones cheap. Braun is a good brand

3. Scale - to the nearest gram is sufficient unless you are making super tiny recipes. If you want something more precise, TKB trading sells one called the itty bitty scale which is cheap and measures to .01

3. Mixing containers - I use the giant white plastic cups from Dollar Tree. They're great. For lye, a HDPE #5 Rubbermaid pitcher.

4. Implements - Walmart has some great single piece silicone spatulas in Kitchenwares for $1.50. They're about 10 inches long. Work great. I got stainless steel spoon (for lye mixing) from Dollar store.

5. Molds - to start, use what you've got on hand. If you want to splurge, I highly recommend the molds from nurturesoapsupplies. You won't find anything better at this quality and price point. She also sells good mineral colorants.

6. Oils - you really don't need more than coconut, palm (or lard), olive oil, and castor to make great soap. Soapers' choice on line has great prices even when shipping is factored in.

7. Lye - Essential Depot

Latest posts

Back