"Must Have" list of FOs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PrairieCraft said:
Hazel said:
saltydog said:
BTW, I couldn't get on the board for several days, was it just me??

Yes, it was just you. We just did it to mess with your mind. :twisted:

You're evil, Hazel. :lol:

That's just what my sister said! I didn't mind because I was too busy laughing. Anyway, Val has a good sense of humor. She'll forgive me...eventually. :lol:

saltydog said:
Ok, thank you, no problem putting them in my checked luggage.

Val - I think that the flashpoint has to be greater than 200 degrees to travel by air. I don't remember the specifics but there's a gray area less than 200 degress and then I think below 120, it definitely has to go ground. Check FAA regulations to be sure.

Peak fragrances hold up pretty well in soap in general. I've had a pretty good success rate with them.

I thought that I would add mine to the list

Soapy Clean - BB
OMH - BB
Oatmeal Stout - BB
Pumpkin Lager - BB
Honey Ale - BB
Lt. Blue for Him - NGS
Fresh Linen - NGS
Linen Breeze - NGS
OMH - WSP
Mango Sorbet - WSP
Pure Rain - WSP
PS I Love You - WSP
Corriander Bergamont - WSP

I have more but these are some of my top contenders and these fragrances hold. I have some OMH (WSP) and Corriander Bergamont that is about three years old and it smells just as strong as the day I made it. So do the others but I haven't had those as long as those two.

Pink Sugar - Scent works
Oatmeal Milk & Honey - Brambleberry
Bahama Vanilla - Oregon Trails
French Vanilla & Amber - Peak
Blackberry Sage - Peak
Love Spell - Peak

Those are my abosolute must haves, I have lots of others I like but just rotate them through depending on the season or what I feel like :)

judymoody said:
saltydog said:
Ok, thank you, no problem putting them in my checked luggage.

Val - I think that the flashpoint has to be greater than 200 degrees to travel by air. I don't remember the specifics but there's a gray area less than 200 degress and then I think below 120, it definitely has to go ground. Check FAA regulations to be sure.

Peak fragrances hold up pretty well in soap in general. I've had a pretty good success rate with them.

Somehow, I missed these responses. Thanks judymoody, I was not aware of this. I'm not taking the chance that my fo be dumped out at the airport so I guess I wil continue to pay for ground shipping. Perhaps a mold or two will satisfy me?

And, Hazel- your wrong, I will never forgive you :wink:

maryannm said:
No 4 ozbottles on the plane and all liquids have to fit into a quart size ziplock bag. You will have to put them in your checked luggage

This is why I drive to isit my brother in CO. The truck can handle 3,000 lb of oils, but the wallet.....

Where is peak, I may have to stop. Will start saving immediately

black canyon (peak)
volturi (mms)
absinthe (ng, just ordered daystar's version, can't wait to try it!)
cabernet sauvignon (ng)
wake up rosemary (brambleberry)
cherry almond (ng, i think, all out, need to order more)
mistletoe & ivy (ng)

Back