More recent soaps, and a question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I made a bunch more soaps, pictures available on my Etsy site: http://paradisebodyshop.etsy.com

I'm SUPER pleased with the Beach (my first layer attempt!), and my Lotus soap!

And while I know this isn't a picture question... for those of who don't mind me asking: What do you think about the pricing on my Lotus soap? It's customizable with color tips and scent, and weighs 4.3-4.5 ounces. Is $8 too much?

Thanks for looking! I'd love feedback, good or bad!

Hi , I think your soap looks wonderful . I don't think $8.00 for that lovely lotus soap is to much . It is beautiful :D.

best of luck with your store :D

Kitn

You make some very fine soaps! To answer your question, adapt the price of each soap to what it costs you; timewise, the expense of the oils you use, the mold you use, how difficult it was to make it and how special it is. For more upscale soaps, always ask more; this will draw people's attention and make them believe you're selling something really special :wink:

Thanks everyone for the reinforcement!

I'm now certain that asking $8 isn't much considering the cost of everything (just the mold cost nearly $40 shipped or something), plus my time.

And the Beach soap... I basically wish my entire life was a vacation, so this helps a little :lol:

awesome mold, how many oz of oils do you use to fill and do you spray it? they come right out?

honor435 said:
awesome mold, how many oz of oils do you use to fill and do you spray it? they come right out?
I think it's just a basic tray mold. This one holds 4 lbs of soap (but once you do the additives it could flow over, so I use the "leftover" to make sample size soaps). I don't spray it with anything, just directly pour into it. But, release can be tricky because you have to get air between the soap and the plastic, so you kinda have to pry and push. Sometimes I cheat and stick a knife every so slighty into one part until air goes in. Best part is the beveled lines - no guesswork!

Love your soaps. Especially love your colors. They look like sherbet and I want to eat them.

oldragbagger said:
Love your soaps. Especially love your colors. They look like sherbet and I want to eat them.
Thanks!! You can share with the orangutan in your avatar! Too funny!

Back