More pics of my soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
Sorry to bombard you all but I am on .....HOLIDAYS .....YAAAYYY, so I have been experimenting with some of my new FO's, and finally getting the chance to take pictures....so here goes

lemonverbena1.jpg

Lemon Verbena, swirled ITP coloured with paprika and poppy seeds added as well

lemonverbena2.jpg

Close up of the lemon verbana, it was ready to cut 6-7 hours after pouring

umblueandvanilla.jpg

Ultramarine blue, scented with Vanilla FO...My first attempt at using Titianum oxide hence the white spots, I now mix it in a lil water B4 adding

mistake1.jpg

This one is rose geranium but it seized but it kinda looks ok ( sorry about the size ) .....I seem to have a habbit of making my soaps seize......but I think I was soaping too hot.....the last few batches I have let the Lye cool down more and now all seems ok.....

Thanks for looking

LOL ok Lyn....time is an issue sometimes but since im on holidays I am soaping madly ....I have 2 more in the molds , so will post when cut

Fun to have to time to "soap madly" I like the top one especially.

How much paprika did you use to get your color? Did you steep it in oil and filter or did you add it to the batter? It makes a lovely color. And nice swirls!

From my point of view, I wish everyone would post more pictures of their soaps. I love seeing what others are up to.

They look terrific Tracey.
Pity the last one seized. The colours look fun.

I too love to see soap pics...the good the bad & the ugly.

Oh no, not necessarily. I've used oil that I steeped paprika in to get a peachy color, but it's never turned out so pumpkin-y like that. I didn't know if I needed to steep more for longer, if that's how you got that color. I hadn't added paprika straight to the batter. Yet. THanks for the info!!

Love all your new soaps Traceyann, keep those pics coming. Those piggies of yours can have some nice soap to bath in. :lol:

Relle.

yes rell I am going to have to see if I can make a soap suitable for them, I know there are some human shampoos that can be used on piggies , so Im going to ask on the gp forum I belong to if they have any suggestions lol....if it ever happens I will have to post a pic of the piggies all soaped up lol

I bath mine in bunny shampoo and that seems OK.

I do remember washing a bun years ago and it had pennyroyal oil in it and think it was too strong and wasn't good on her skin. Also not sure about lavender. They have such sensitive skin. I haven't made soap in 15 yrs but never used my soap on the critters. I've got some of Dr Harrys shampoo so might try that. Maybe just plain olive oil would be OK.

Fabulous ... I love the shade!

I've used cinnamon and tumeric ... looks like paprika is going to be next as that shade looks fantastic!

Love the soaps you're making ... only wish I was on holiday! lol

Latest posts

Back