More hot process questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my crockpot on low and did check the temp because I was wondering...just oddball curiosity, I guess. It never went over 157 F if this helps. I don't know what it would be on the high setting.

Hazel, thanks for that information. I'm not sure, but I think I might be closing in on a solution (I hope). Since my crockpot is old and feeble, I'm going to try heating longer and stiring more frequently. Today, I set my crockpot on high (since it's a little feeble, "High" is probably closer to "Low" anyway). and stirred the soap thoroughly every thirty minutes for about two and a half hours. Then I mixed in my additives (glycerin and oatmeal) , turned the heat to low, and let it sit for probably another thirty more minutes before shutting off the pot and uncovering it so I could stir it some more. I wanted the temp to come down below the flashpoint of my essential oils, so it sat uncovered for a while longer. The soap seems much firmer than the other batches, so I'm hopeful this method will work until I can afford a new crockpot.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back