Mold Liner Material

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
I just came into a large supply of adhesive-backed HDPE film. It's like wax paper but has adhesive on one side and should last forever. It's rated for 300*F and is compatible with most materials (including lye). It's the perfect stuff for lining a mold.

If you paypal $5 to wilsonssoap (at) yahoo (dot) com I'll send you a yard or so in a small flat rate box. This is just for the shipping, I'm giving you the material for free. My apology to everyone here who's outside the USA but I can't ship outside the US.

First 10 get one. This is my good deed for the day :D

How do you like this for lining molds?

Hi Donnie: Have you tried using this yet? and do you still have any available for sale?

I haven't tried it yet but hope to by the end of the week. I already gave out a few samples of it but haven't heard anything back yet, though it's only been a few days.

If you'd like to try some then send me a PM.

Well...I got some and I have tired it. The only problem that I had with it on sample #1 mold...I cut it to fit the molds....it peeled off the wood...SO, tired a second mold with a different way....Just made a sharp edge for the bottom, and freezer paper for the ends....that way, works GREAT!!!! Now, I got some gorilla glue today and I am going to glue the first one on to the molds and see if that will work better.

Ken

I didn't think to mention this but the adhesize on this stuff won't stick to unfinshed wood, just like tape doesn't. I use stainless steel staples for the teflon material I've been using, that works well. I've also been planning using shellac on the wood, the adhesive should stick to that.

Hi Donnie! Do you still have any of this available? If not, could you let me know where I could find some? Thanks.

I have lots of large "scraps". I can still send you about a yard of it for the cost of a flat rate shipping box ($5). paypal = wilsonssoap at yahoo dot com.

For those who got some from me.... what did you think? Please share your experience with us! Thank you.

Thanks. I just sent the money now. It will be from turnschaosintoart at mail dot com.

Tisci, I got your payment and will ship it today.

Anna, It's just a thin plastic film with adhesive on one side. It doesn't look like anything special. It works well in place of wax paper and is reusable. I've also tried sticking it to the sides of my wooden molds but that didn't work so well.

Back