mold for sampler size soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
what kind of mold is good for samplers? i've been using pvc pipe but it just takes way too long to set up that way. i'm trying to get an order out tomorrow and i'm still waiting on a few to set up and have lots more to do. any ideas to make it easier?

Put them in the freezer for a few minutes then pop them out

This won't help you for tomorrow, but I've been scanning this seller on ebay the past couple of days http://stores.ebay.com/CybrTrayd . Never bought from him before but he has tons and ton of molds from .10 oz and higher.

You could always use the plastic molds you have and not fill them as high, or cut them in half. Do you have any shoeboxes lying around? or styrofoam cups (if youre asking about mp)?

I have the plastic disposable cups but there are imprints on the bottom...would those work?

I don't know. If they are clear cups and you are doing mp, I would think it would be fine.. couldn't hurt to test one out to see. Another idea, is to use baking sheets or pans, use a cookie cutter to make the small samples, remelt and remold the scraps. Someone posted a thread yesterday with a youtube video of how to make a mold liner with freezer paper.. If you tape that up really well, you can probably just do that... I don't know, I have a million ideas, I wish I could just look around your house and point stuff out, lol...

You can use ice cube trays too. You can pick them up at the dollar store in shapes.

Do you have any tips on packaging samples? I'm not sure how to do them...i have 2 different size cello bags but they're not big enough to fit 5 samplers in one. I thought about putting each in one bag and then putting them all in a small baggie or something. Would that look too unprofessional?
Should they all be wrapped individually?

What I would do, is go to a 'head shop' they sell small clear ziplock bags that may be good for you. I don't really get what you're doing, though so my help may not be that great. Was this a last minute request from someone?

You could also go to craft shop or even the craft dept at Walmar & in the jewelry area they have the little zip lock bags too.

Then maybe you could find something cute to put the 5 zip lock bags in, maybe look in the bakery area or the grind your own coffee area for cute cupcake boxes or those coffee bags w/ the windows.

You could place your logo sticker on the outer container & individual labels w/ scents on each zip bag.

You could even go a step farthre & get those paper shreds like you make gift baskets w/ & place some of that in the bottom of whatever outer container you choose.

I would go ahead & make up an extra 10 samplers while you are at it so you will be prepared.

I put them in small jewelry bags with individual cards inside each one. I guess I will just pile them up in cellophane and tie with raffia. That's all I have for now. My printer ran out of an ink cartridge right when i was almost finished so I had to write tags for the samplers. Makes me so mad!! Oh well, I'm almost done then I have to get them packaged up and mailed off. This is such a chore when you have an 8 month old!

I slice my log to about 1/2" then cut each slice into quarters. Then I bevel them. They make the cutest mini bars!!

If I were ever to make samples, I would do it the way Mandolyn does it. It sounds like the perfect way to go to get some classy looking samples.

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
If I were ever to make samples, I would do it the way Mandolyn does it. It sounds like the perfect way to go to get some classy looking samples.

IrishLass :)

Thanks!

I did some experimenting with the size & had DH use some of these bars. Anything smaller was just too hard to hang onto & kept slipping out of our hands.

Back