Mikes fragrances and more

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a couple of hundred dollars worth of EO's and FO's. One of the orders I placed was at Mike's. I'll check them out and let you know what I find.

Def let us know how they work for you..Im personally looking for more clean spicy scents, and have been thinking about the Snow Angel, China Mist, Leather, and Cowboy..I have enough fruity and floral/powdery...the Rain Water is really nice, and even tho I didn't use but maybe 2 tsps in my tester, its still nice smelling but light..my next normal loaf I will use the 1 oz or more and see how that turns out.

He's constantly adding more stuff..the links that are not clickable yet, he has ready to go, just hasn't added the links n stuff...too bad he hauled off to Dallas..I was going to make the trek to go visit his store while he was in Tyler, but I ain't gonna go to Dallas...blech :lol:

I did get the order in from Mikes and forgot to update this thread. Here's what I've gotten so far, all oob and blending tests so far. Haven't had time to soap due to my youngest daughter visiting for the week. I'll take that over soaping any day. :smile:

Lime Essential Oil- Smells perfect. Strong scent.
Sweet Orange EO- Great scent, sweet but not overly so. Strong scent that hasn't gotten lost in the blends.
Tangerine - same as the orange. Near perfect scent, even oob
Coconut FO- good smell, we'll see if it holds up in soap.
Bamboo- More woodsy than green, but subtle scent. Seems to get lost a little in the blends
Mango- Didn't really like this one oob, but I'll see how it soaps
Sage Blackberry- Had to try this to see what it was like. Not sure I like it, doesn't really smell like sage or blackberry.
Cedarwood of Texas EO- Absolutely love this. I live right in the bottom of the hill country of Texas. This smells exactly like I'm walking through the cedar woods. Really strong, but it's the scent I've been looking for when people say, Cedarwood. None of the others I've tried even come close.

The other thing I have to say about this order. I placed it on a Weds at around 1 in the afternoon and it arrived on my doorstep two days later, Fri at 3. Granted I'm only 300 miles away, but it usually takes UPS two days to get to me from Dallas. Means he must have boxed it and called in shipping the same aft I ordered. I was impressed.

I'll let you know how the soaping goes with the scents. Working on three new scent blends next week, and I'll soap them out and let you know more.

Awesomeness about your little one for the week..yup, kick that soap to the curb for now :)

I must say, he does do good on shipping..he once missed my order via email {ordered some of the non-clickable ones} and called him, he boxed it up right then and hauled hiney to the post office to get it shipped that day because the shipments had already been picked up.

I'll def be waiting to hear how they work for you..and really happy about that Cedarwood..I been wondering about that too..never smelled it before so now that you say it smells right on the money, maybe Ill get me some :lol:

Im interested to hear how the coconut works too..I used the Coconut Bay Rum and it riced on me and morphed/faded my micas..I don't know if the one you ordered will do the same or not.

Speaking of Mike, since he will try to dupe anything you send him for no charge, I have found some really nice melts at Walmart...Im thinking of sending him a few and seeing if he can match them because they are exactly what I have been looking for..he usually says spritz a papertowel and seal it in a baggie, but these are melts..Im sure he can deal with it. lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back