Microdermabrasion crystals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdw620415

Reaction score
Hi has anyone heard of adding microderm crystals ( aluminum oxide crystals) to cp soap? is it safe? Please if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

I don't have a background in chemistry but I do know it is unwise to combine aluminum and lye. It can be rather dangerous.

That would be the first (and very major) concern.

The second would be to do with non biodegradable exfoliants. Do a quick search for microbeads in the Great Lakes - scary reading.

Exactly. All the micro and nano products should probably be avoided until they can re-establish their actually safety in the environment. They've been pulling them out of products right and left over the last year and a half or so because they are polluting the water system and killing wildlife.

Thanks everyone. I do realize the concern for our environment with the use of these crystals, but i was more curious of the reaction between the small aluminum oxide crystals and the lye if there is any and if the reaction is safe. thanks.

Latest posts

Back