Micellar Water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Anyone try making this? How did it go?

I tried making something similar with Olivem 1000 but it failed. Wrong emulsifier.

I just made a micellar water at a course. I don't really know anything about it but some of the ladies were quite excited about making it. If you want the recipe I used I can look for it.

Distilled water- 90%
peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides- 1.5%
Propanediol 1,3 3.0%
Sodium lactate 60 2.0%
Liquid calendula
and/or carrot seed extract 3.0%
Liquid germall plus 0.5%

You can sub the solubizers--ps20 (can be sticky) or Peg40 hydrogenated castor oil were recommended
you can use other humectants ie glycerin but the ones used aren't sticky
and of course any liquid extracts your skin likes.

Decyl glycoside is high ph not really skin friendly
Actually Glucosides are one of the most gentle surfactants there are, they are frequently used in baby products and for sensitive skin. Just because it has a higher pH doesn't mean it's not skin friendly, it just means you need to check and adjust the pH if necessary (which should be done with most surfactant formulas anyway). It is used at a very small percentage in this product and may not affect the overall pH at all, although you should still check with a meter.

I do not want in my micellar water Citric acid, there is tons of mild sufracants that you can use in it. Even with other surfacants you do have to check with meter, nothing new about it :)

Back