Micas in Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cla

Reaction score
I have been using micas from Voyageur soap and candle in Surrey, Bc. I have found the color to be ok but was wondering if anyone uses colorants that are available in Canada? I would love to purchase colours from the U.S or U.K (brambleberry or tab trading) but I don’t want to be slammed with custom, duty and exchange costs.

I have been using micas from Voyageur soap and candle in Surrey, Bc. I have found the color to be ok but was wondering if anyone uses colorants that are available in Canada? I would love to purchase colours from the U.S or U.K (brambleberry or tab trading) but I don’t want to be slammed with custom, duty and exchange costs.

Not sure about customs but i use a british company called the soapery i contacted them last week to request an invoice and the next working day within an hour or 2 of them opening they had replied and sent all the invoices to me with very friendly and helpful aattitude so its worth asking them. I think @Misschief is in canada and might be able to help with your search for a canandian supplier.

It depends on what you want the colorants for. For my micas, I use Voyageur as they're in the same province that I'm in (BC). I have purchased EazyColors from a Canadian supplier but I don't have her website saved. EazyColors are perfect for things like bath bombs but I'm not sure how they would be for CP soap, which is what I primarily make.

I have ordered from Candora but not micas or colorants... yet. I have a feeling that most Canadian suppliers order their products from some of the same companies that the American companies do.

Latest posts

Back