Mica line first attempt soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

christost7

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
This is my first mica line soap, i did it just for trying the technique.
The soap is full of activated charcoal and scented with BB's Black amber & lavender FO.
Feedback is most welcome :)

WP_20161102_21_43_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_14_20_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_14_21_40_Pro.jpg

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats! It can be difficult to get the mica line just right without separating.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Looks great- and you successfully did 2 of them in the same batch! Color me impressed! :)

amd said:
Very nice! I remember my first mica line...
Yep- me, too- and it did not turn out so well. I used just a tad bit too much mica and my bars separated at the mica line. :twisted: Thankfully, all my subsequent batches with mica lines have stayed intact, but I always get a wee bit nervous every time I attempt a new one.

IrishLass :)

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I get nervous too! I try for the barest coating of powder that I can. I also do my best to resist the temptation to do just a little more -- that always gets me in trouble. Another thing is I want the powder to look wet shortly after it's laying on the soap batter. If it doesn't get wet quickly, I use a toothpick or something similar to lightly scratch the powder into the soap batter to break up the powder slightly. I would rather have a less than perfect line than a soap that breaks apart easily.

Nice work on those pencil lines -- they look good!

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks great! I love the dramatic color contrast.

vedwards

Reaction score
That looks awesome! For some reason it totallly reminds me of Tron. I don't know why. But I like it! (could just be cause I'm weird!)

fatpigeon

Reaction score
Oh wow they look awesome. I love how the mica stands out so well against the charcoal - great colour choices!

Latest posts