Mica line first attempt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christost7

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
This is my first mica line soap, i did it just for trying the technique.
The soap is full of activated charcoal and scented with BB's Black amber & lavender FO.
Feedback is most welcome :)

WP_20161102_21_43_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_14_20_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_14_21_40_Pro.jpg

Looks great- and you successfully did 2 of them in the same batch! Color me impressed! :)

amd said:
Very nice! I remember my first mica line...

Yep- me, too- and it did not turn out so well. I used just a tad bit too much mica and my bars separated at the mica line. :twisted: Thankfully, all my subsequent batches with mica lines have stayed intact, but I always get a wee bit nervous every time I attempt a new one.

IrishLass :)

I get nervous too! I try for the barest coating of powder that I can. I also do my best to resist the temptation to do just a little more -- that always gets me in trouble. Another thing is I want the powder to look wet shortly after it's laying on the soap batter. If it doesn't get wet quickly, I use a toothpick or something similar to lightly scratch the powder into the soap batter to break up the powder slightly. I would rather have a less than perfect line than a soap that breaks apart easily.

Nice work on those pencil lines -- they look good!

That looks awesome! For some reason it totallly reminds me of Tron. I don't know why. But I like it! (could just be cause I'm weird!)

Latest posts

Back