Men's fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever found/tried any Tobacco Vanille (Tom Ford) type FOs? BF just loves the stuff and the real thing is stupid expensive.

I made some quick MP soap for a male friend and as most of my current stock of FO's are a bit feminine I used patchouli and gingerbread FO's and he loved them

Anyone ever found/tried any Tobacco Vanille (Tom Ford) type FOs? BF just loves the stuff and the real thing is stupid expensive.

I've tried Burboned Tobacco from wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I really like it - AFTER at least 6 weeks. It's really strong at first, and it actively off-gasses for the first week, so you'll want a place to stash it until it's done doing that. After some time, though, it's mild, manly, with a "good pipe" sort of smell.

They say scents can really change over the course of a cure, and this scent proves that without question.

As a bonus point, people who review scents OOB (out of bottle) are just... dumb... and sadly many reviewers do just that ("I just opened the bottle and it is horrible - threw it away without using. Don't buy!") - ignore those when reading through reviews. Look for reviewers who actually state they have made the soap the way you make yours (MP/Cold Process/Hot Process) and liked or disliked the results after cure.

I've tried Burboned Tobacco from wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I really like it - AFTER at least 6 weeks. It's really strong at first, and it actively off-gasses for the first week, so you'll want a place to stash it until it's done doing that. After some time, though, it's mild, manly, with a "good pipe" sort of smell.

They say scents can really change over the course of a cure, and this scent proves that without question.

As a bonus point, people who review scents OOB (out of bottle) are just... dumb... and sadly many reviewers do just that ("I just opened the bottle and it is horrible - threw it away without using. Don't buy!") - ignore those when reading through reviews. Look for reviewers who actually state they have made the soap the way you make yours (MP/Cold Process/Hot Process) and liked or disliked the results after cure.
You are very correct about the OOB reviews. I have several scents that are wonderful after they cure and awful at first.

The first soaps I've made were men's, so my list is a bit long....

So far, the Drakkar type from Aztec has been my favorite (It doesnt smell like Drakkar to be honest, but its a nice clean scent and my husband loves it).

Basil, Sage, and Mint from American Soap Supplies is pretty nice too.

Anything with cedarwood I tend to like too.

Nature's Garden has a lot of unique blends too - I have a few from them that I got that smell amazing out of bottle but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. They are good of you want to find things that arnt all over the place lol

I hope that helps!

This may sound weird but a friend of mine gave me one called Fresh Mowed Grass or something similar. I tried it and my husband and sons loved it so much I have none left and I can't remember the maker to get more:(

I found it here - >http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php?products_id=1028

http://www.saveonscents.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Tobacco+Vanille&x=0&y=0

then on the right side of the page rather than ordering the fragrance oil, you can choose body spray, shampoo, incense, lamp berge. whatever you like!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back