Men's fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi's Love Bars

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to soap making and starting off with mp. I want to make a men's bar but I'm not sure what eo or fragrances to use. Any suggestions?

Scent is sort of an overwhelming subject when you start soaping, for sure.

Are you making this for a specific person or persons? If so, find out what they like in commercial soaps and aftershaves, etc. and try a few "duplicate" scents.

Or you can get some samplers of scents -- I got the Brambleberry "masculine" sampler set and did a review (still ongoing as I actually use the soap), and there is a big review spreadsheet in the Review section of the form.

Buy small quantities and try low levels of scent first -- a faintly scented soap is much easier to use up than one you find much too strong, or "off" to your nose.

Scent is sort of an overwhelming subject when you start soaping, for sure.

Are you making this for a specific person or persons? If so, find out what they like in commercial soaps and aftershaves, etc. and try a few "duplicate" scents.

Or you can get some samplers of scents -- I got the Brambleberry "masculine" sampler set and did a review (still ongoing as I actually use the soap), and there is a big review spreadsheet in the Review section of the form.

Buy small quantities and try low levels of scent first -- a faintly scented soap is much easier to use up than one you find much too strong, or "off" to your nose.
I ordered the sampler today! Hope o find one in there! Thank you!

I can recommend what works for me. But I make CP. Natures Garden Cracklin Birch or Perfect Man. I also like WSP Fifty Shades and Bay Rum.
What is WSP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful, soap scents can lead you down a rabbit hole in which you can wander around forever......

Cool water is nice, I like sandalwood, Egyptian Dragon is good, but I'm not fond of Dragon's Blood, smells like a head shop and brings back unpleasant memories from High School.

I do a lot of MP. One of my favorites is the cowboy from lone star candles. Sometimes I mix it with Beer FO from natures garden. I also like cognac and Cuban cigars from natures garden. I also like Kentucky bourbon from Bramble Berry. Anything bergamot is good for men too. They are divine in MP.

Many men fragrance to me smell like cologne. Personally, I dislike those. So read reviews....

In my case, the soap doesn't have to be manly. Just not too girly. I've had success with:

40% Allspice fragrance oil
40% Vanilla fragrance oil
20% Violet fragrance oil

All from essentials depot. Makes a not to girly fragrance that won't scare away women. The vanilla will make the soap brown a little over time.

Oakmoss and sandalwood and Burmese Woods from Wholesale Supplies Plus are two of my favorites for men.

Best part about making your own soap is you can put whatever you want into it!

Just remember you will be putting it under your nose when you are shaving your face, too much scent can be annoying.

This may sound weird but a friend of mine gave me one called Fresh Mowed Grass or something similar. I tried it and my husband and sons loved it so much I have none left and I can't remember the maker to get more:(

Latest posts

Back