"Manly" Fragrence

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inodoro Pereyra said:
Afiveo: I'm definitely not an expert on scents (by the way, Vonna, that site you linked is awesome, thank you), but I am a man, and somewhat of an expert on missing your loved ones.
My advise: send him something that smells like home. You can get him the manliest of scents, and maybe he's gonna like it, but if you can find a scent that smells like your hair, he's gonna LOVE IT, and he's not gonna care at all what anybody says about it.

AHH I LOVE it! you almost made me cry! i've gone from simply sending my husband soap to making somthing really special for him to enjoy! Thank you!

Inodoro Pereyra said:
Afiveo: I'm definitely not an expert on scents (by the way, Vonna, that site you linked is awesome, thank you), but I am a man, and somewhat of an expert on missing your loved ones.
My advise: send him something that smells like home. You can get him the manliest of scents, and maybe he's gonna like it, but if you can find a scent that smells like your hair, he's gonna LOVE IT, and he's not gonna care at all what anybody says about it.
Very insightful, yes I agree!

Stacie

Afiveo said:
AHH I LOVE it! you almost made me cry! i've gone from simply sending my husband soap to making somthing really special for him to enjoy! Thank you!

You're very welcome. Sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry... :wink:

some of my favorites are Vanilla Oak (yankee dupe), Palm Wood & Hibiscus (lonestar), and Wild Sarsaparilla (BB)..

I have some Mayan Gold soap (super fatted), I would love to send you a bar to send to your husband and the men over there. It would be really neat if others could do the same...then he and his buddies would have a lot of soap that smell different, but manly! PM me your address if you would like me to send you a bar...

I smell a "Soap for Soldiers" organization being created in the near future. seriously.

manly scents

I had a half bottle of a knock off version of Drakkar Noir that I threw into a batch, and it ended up smelling really nice. There's no reason you can't scent his soap with his own cologne or after shave.

afiveo said:
I smell a "Soap for Soldiers" organization being created in the near future. seriously.

sign me up, but right now all i have is "foo-foo fragrances" on the drying racks. given a little time i think we could come up with something...

:shock: ooo! ooo!

how about something for the 4th of july? that would give us plenty of time to plan this and figure out how to get it all sent. and maybe something around christmas?

i volunteer 12 bars of my "eggnog" soaps. :D

monet

I'm in, too! I have a great Leather and Kudzu I made yesterday that should be lovely by the time we can arrange anything :)

What an absolutely fantastic idea!!! It might be nice to try and do the same for our Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan - I have a nephew that been on 3 tours there already....hmmmmm

x

Lindy said:
What an absolutely fantastic idea!!! It might be nice to try and do the same for our Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan - I have a nephew that been on 3 tours there already....hmmmmm

i think that would be wonderful, lindy! :D

no matter what your political view is, these are someone's loved ones who are far from home, in a land unfamiliar-probably lonesome, homesick, fearful of the future and tired of it all.

i'm sure a little show of appreciation would be most welcome! and also to remind them that we have not forgotten them.

monet

Everyone stay posted!
"soap for servicemen and women" is in the works!
I changed it to "servicemen" because obviously every branch is being represented over there.
I'm looking into how this can be done and the regulations involved in sending packages with no specific addressee.
should be alot of fun! :)
look for the thread in the near future!

and to think...I just wanted to know what scents were great for men and now we're all philanthropists! :D

Back