Making Soap In A Blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not recommended. Too much danger of raw soap batter flying everywhere.

A stick blender is a much better choice.

stano40 said:
Can you really make soap in a blender?

bob
I am not advocating either way and I am sure I will catch a lot of flack for my reply but, as long as you strictly follow safety guidelines, yes you can make soap in a blender. In fact that is how I started out. I made batches with just 16 oz of oils and fats. Make sure the bottom of the blender is screwed on tightly and that the top is securely in place. Place a hand towel over the lid, in case of splatters. Use the lowest speed on the blender. I have always double checked to make sure the bottom and top of the blender were securely in place. I have never had soap flying everywhere. That could happen if you overfill the blender jar, started on a high speed or didn't make sure the lid was on tight, so follow the instructions carefully. Wear goggles and protective clothing. As with handling any caustic material, caution and common sense must be used. Again, you do have to be careful when using this method, but it can be done. You will need a designated blender to use for just soap. Here is a great site with instructions:

colebrothers.com/soap/blender.html

If you are apprehensive about using this method, buy a stick blenderr. But be warned, you can get lye burns using this method also. Wear protective clothing and goggles when using either method.

Yes what they said above... I should have said yes and no also - but I err on the side of caution...

Can a ten year old drive a car - yes... should they?
Can you walk a tightrope without a net - yes.... should you?

Glass is not infallable... it could theoretically shatter on you while you are soaping... and in that five second disaster, you will most likely become permanently scarred...

So if you are certain that you know what you are doing, and enjoy living on the edge... and are of sound mind and body (I assume you are... I know LSG and Carebear are, but again I was using caution just in case you have "insert random physical ailment").... then yes, you can...

OK, I didn't say I was going to do it I watched a video of some guy making soap in a blender and I was just wondering if that was for real.

bob

Latest posts

Back