Making a NON- Lye cleansing bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkybambi

Reaction score
HI There!

Has anyone got a recipe for a recipe that does not contain Lye? I just cant seem to find one! I was a lye free type of cleansing bar.

I still want it to foam but I just cant find what I am looking for. I am hoping this forum can help me!

Cheers!

As I said in the other thread (please try to avoid multiple threads with the same question, it makes things harder for everyone) not many people, myself included, make non-lye cleansing bars. I know some members do make synthetic detergent bars though, so hopefully they can help you out

You will need to use synthetic detergents (syndets) if you don't want to use "real" soap (aka stuff made by saponifying fat with an alkali).

Since I gather from your OTHER nearly identical post that you want to use this to clean silicone items, you may not find what you're looking for here. Most of us make cleansers for use on skin -- mostly lye-based soap, but a little bit of syndet products.

I have been experimenting with syndets for shampoo, but I'm no expert. Your best bet for information about formulating syndet cleansers is to look here -- http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.ca/ -- for more information. Or a website called the Chemist's Corner is another place to look.

Or why not use a syndet like Dawn dishwashing liquid? (assuming that's sold in the country in which you live.)

Back