Making a facial scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toady

Reaction score
I want to make myself a facial salt scrub as I've found it's the only thing that helps my skin (and my current one got discontinued so I've only got the 1 jar left). However I'm not sure what kind of base I should be using.

I had thought about using a 'foamy bath butter' base and making a salt scrub but looking at the ingredients in it I think it'll be quite drying on my skin even without the salt. The other idea was to use a 'shaving soap' M&P base and add some salt to it, or should I give making a full on "salt bar" a go?

Anyone got any suggestions or things to stay away from? At the moment I'm stuck at college and unable to do more than M&P, hopefully I can have a go at CP around Christmas time. :)

A CP salt soap bar would be wonderful for your face imho. You can also add salt to M&P base but it gets quite firm and you need to force it into the mould - still works well though. I make an emulsified salt body scrub but feel it would be too scratchy for directly on the face.

Tanya :)

Back