Major disaster!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are doing M&P imbeds, definitely chill it in the fridge or freezer. You don't want to run the risk of any build-up of heat that could ruin your beautiful work. Even if you soap at room temp, you could still get enough heat to melt the M&P. I haven't done it myself yet, but I have been researching it like mad!

Today have another problem, cant get the thing out! Lined it with greese proof paper as was out of freezer paper.

This is turning out a right pain :)

Thanks,
Porumi

Here are the pics of what it looks like...
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1378662903.944816.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1378662916.733530.jpg

Thanks,
Porumi

It's funny how some batches just seem to go wrong at every step ..... But saying that, the soap looks good anyway. (I'd be happy if my "major disaster" turned out that way!)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Wow that turned out beautiful anyways! It's earthy looking. I always flip a box over top of my soaps for cover & let it gel. Even my soap with m&p embeds on the top come out fine.

Oh no! Not a very experienced soaped here but I would put this in the freezer for 2 hours, then move to fridge, just to make sure all your hard work doesn't overheat and become a different mess. I really would love to see how this cuts though!

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Thank you all :)

Colours are wheatgrass, tumeric, paprika and TD for the white.

Next time I will make a shorter batch when i use piping so that i can cover.

Thanks,
Porumi

I would be inclined to cut the loaf in half and redo the top on one half. You will just have a multi coloured bed of colour separating the piped soap from the main loaf. That would work. Nothing to lose and it might look fab. good luck. Hugs Liz

Aw bummer! The melted soap is still pretty and at least you got a picture before the mishap. I'm sorry, I know it sucks when soaping goes awry!

FWIW, I've CPOPed with MP embeds and they didn't melt, guess results vary with that. Interesting to know!

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

I haven't read all the posts, but I put my molds in my oven with my oven off. No heat at all. Sometimes it works too well and I get glycerin rivers, so I don't leave it in there too long. I gel all of my soaps.

I gel all of my soaps too!! I did the CPOP one time but I always cover them with blankets and put them to bed!! The colors are more vibrant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Latest posts

Back